Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, February 13, 2014

10 Things for Thursday

This is a play on the whole "Five on Friday" blog posts that I've seen around, but I decided to go with 10 Things for Thursday.

1. First, let's just get this out of the way, shall we? Cousins...cuteness overload!



2. I know I keep saying I want to get back to blogging. I have a LOT to share! I have about 10 blog posts started, I just need to find the time to finish them. It will happen, I swear!

3.  I seeeriously need to figure out a new name for my blog. And a new URL. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to switch it all over, but it's been a long time coming. I'll be a blogger for FOUR years coming up in May, so I think it's time for a re-vamp.

4. This winter has been SO bi-polar. It's literally either freeeeeezing cold below zero, like -20 degrees, or 30-40 degrees. And hardly any snow. I NEVER thought I'd say "I could really go for some snow right now" but I've caught myself saying it several times. We need the snow for moisture for our crops!

5. I know it's only the middle of February, but we have pretty much our whole year planned out, vacations and all. All of the travel we'll be doing is either for a wedding or to see family. March-bachelorette party in Vegas. April-wedding in Texas. May-camping with my family over Memorial weekend. June-wedding in Cancun. Heeeeeyyyyy! July-brother's wedding in Western Montana, and friend's wedding in Idaho. August-September-family is coming out here to help with harvest. And I think that's it! Usually things start slowing down for us in October, and it will be a welcomed sight! 

6. I am officially the Women's Committee Chairperson for our county's Farm Bureau. I'll be promoting things like our cookbook, the Farmer's Market, farm to table education in local schools, scholarships for students and a photo contest. All fun things! I'm excited to get started!

7. I love my son, but I was ready to get back to work. At first I thought I was never going to be able to make it back to work with the type of schedule he was on-which wasn't a schedule at all. But by the end of the 7 weeks I was getting stir crazy. I'm glad to be back and around adults all day! I know it will make me a better mom.

8. Ok, here's another. I couldn't help it :)



9. Obamacare ACTUALLY did something positive for me. With the new changes in all of the insurance companies, my insurance covered my birth control. ALL of it. I didn't have to pay a dime. Holy shit. That ridiculous premium I'm paying every month actually did something. I'm glad my husband and I work so hard to pay a ridiculous amount so others who don't can get free healthcare.

10. We're getting our taxes done tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for a big ol' return! We have pretty good luck every year, so I'm hoping this year will be just as good to us. Between owning our own business, the farm and a new tax deduction, I'm betting we'll do pretty well. Which is good cause I told Patrick no matter what we get for our return, I want a big ol' fancy camera!

That's all for now friends! Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Umm... I was hoping there would be more than 1 picture of handsome man!! & Yes, changing your blog over will be a bit of a pain but, it will all be worth it!! I've loved mine so far!!

    ReplyDelete