Well no, I don't really go out walking after midnight. I'm usually asleep by then cause apparently when you turn 25 you start getting old and going to bed at about 9:30 p.m. My real point is that I DO go out walking...but it's usually more around 6:00 p.m.! I started walking in the beginning of April (because that's when the snow was melted enough!). I took a slight hiatus when I went to CA for 10 days, and started up again when I got back.
I walk because I am trying to lose weight, and have started jogging in with my walking as well.
Never did I think that I would weigh as much as I do. In college, I always thought that I would be skinny like I was. And boy, I would probably injure a small dog to get back to what I looked like back then! After college I stayed at pretty much the same weight. When I moved to Idaho in August of 2007 is when I started gaining weight. I was happy, in love, and so glad that I found someone to love me for me.
Apparently that means eating whatever I want to.
Patrick and I would go out to dinner several days a week. We would order appetizers, full meals, side dishes, and sometimes dessert. It was just fun, and I had never been able to order all of that stuff on a college budget. The problem started when I was working in a job that I thought I liked. Food became a comfort. I would eat to make myself feel better during my stressful days, and then go out to eat at night because I was too tired to cook.
To my friends and family that read this, you're all aware of how different I looked that just 3 years ago. I'm making a disclosure here-at my heaviest, I was 50 pounds heavier than 3 years ago.
WHAT?!?! How the heck did that happen? It happens when you stuff your face full of bad (but oh so good!) food and sit on your butt watching ridiculous reality TV and crime dramas.
The point is, I have been inspired lately by several family members and friends. My friend Celeste has lost almost 30 pounds!!! My dad has lost 22, my mom about 15 pounds, and my sister is going to the gym everyday. I got to the point where I decided I didn't want to take it anymore, and I am taking back control of myself. I don't know how many pounds I have lost; I would venture to say about 8-10 pounds.
I am happy to report that I put on a pair of pants this morning and buttoned them-pants that I haven't been able to do that with in over a year. I want my clothes to fit better, and feel 100% about myself again. I'll continue to walk/jog until I have reached my goal jean size and weight.It's going to be a long adventure, but I want to be healthy, and LOOK healthy.
So, I can talk the talk, and with determination continue to "walk the walk!"




Yay friend! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteGo girl!!
ReplyDelete