Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Prairie Princess

Well, it's safe to say that since I moved to Eastern MT I have had to learn and adapt somewhat of a new lifestyle. You have to plan what you need from the grocery store before you go into town for the day, because you can't just "run in" to town if you forget something, because town is 25 miles away! You have to anticipate when you will need something that may run out, like shampoo, makeup, toothpaste, etc. Because if you run out, you're S.O.L. And makeup??? Do you think they sell anything other than drug store stuff? No way! Although, the Mary Kay representatives sure are rampant in these parts! haha....I wear Clinique, so I have to order everything online, or make sure I hit up Macy's when I'm traveling somewhere.

You have to make sure that you don't let your gas tank get too empty, because you need to remember that town is 25 miles away to fill up! In the winter, who knows how long you could be stuck on the road...hence the need to keep your gas tank full.

Along with this different culture here, people dress fairly conservatively, and their idea of getting "dressed up" is a nice pair of jeans and a cute top, or something that doesn't have grease stains or holes. So needless to say, when I wear a cute summer dress to work, I stick out like a sore thumb. There are a few people here and there that dress nicely on a regular basis, and they always have cute jewelry to match.

This is where my whole title of "Prairie Princess" comes in. I have officially crossed over to the dark side, and it's safe to say that I may just fit in now. I bought a turquoise necklace. Yes, something I thought I would never buy. All the "fashionable" ladies around here wear it with their button ups and big buckles. But I feel VERY confident in saying that I will not be wearing it with those items, as I do not own either of them :) It has more than just turquoise on it, but I just felt that this was such a big deal that I needed to share.

Whew, I feel better after making this confession! And next time I am out wearing a cute summer dress, I won't get looked at as funny because I'll have on my ROCKIN' necklace with turqoise in it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I love turquoise! And I am positive with or without it you're the Hottest Prairie Princess around! Keep workin' the summer dresses- you've gotta make yourself feel good. Some wise person wrote that on my blog too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Laura- be a Prairie Princess and be proud!

    ReplyDelete