Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So...

So this blog thing....at first I was thinking I would write every day, because I just have so much to talk about! Well, as we all see, that really hasn't been the case! I find myself questioning some of the things I want to put on here because I don't know if anyone else will find it interesting. Mostly because, well, my life is fairly predictable and uneventful!

For instance: Problem of the day: Road construction in front of my house, waiting 15 minutes for the pilot car. Get to town, stop by coffee hut. Person in front of me orders not one, but TWO toasted bagels! That to me is an unwritten coffee hut patron rule. Now I'm late to work.

Problem of the day yesterday: discovered that my pumpkins I planted in my garden are growing in (YAY!) but that the stinking rabbits have eaten some of the leaves off of them...grrr....gonna go rabbit hunting.

And seriously, these are the most eventful parts of my day!

So I guess this is a good way to show that my life is very slow-paced...and I like it that way! Every now and then when I go on vacation or a short trip somewhere it seems like everything is go, go, go! When I return home, I heave a huge sigh of relief because I feel like I can slow down and breathe again.

An example of this: When I went to California in April/May of this year, I had a lot of things jam-packed into my vacation there. The people there are constantly on the go, and it gives me anxiety just watching people drive! Everyone is always dressed up, looking their best, and ready to go. I got back to Billings, and never felt happier...I walked into an arena to go to a country music concert and the first thing I thought was, "I'm home!" I was surrounded by "cow people." You know, the ones that wear plaid, big buckles, boots and hats. I loved it!

My family in CA always thought that I would be the first to move back there from Montana, but I'll tell you what...there's just something about this state that I can't explain! It's home to me! I'll sum it up by this quote:

"I am in love with Montana...for other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection; but with Montana it is love and it's difficult to analyze love when you are in it."
-John Steinbeck

1 comment:

  1. How are the babies? I don't see a lot of pictures of my Hardley! Don't worry friend, I have to find things to blog about too. My life is not that exciting.

    ReplyDelete