Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shopping

So as most people can assume, living in a small town you learn that you can't just run to Target or Walmart for everything. Example: I needed hangers yesterday, so I actually went to the local hardware store and purchased a 12-pack of regular, plain-Jane hangers...all for the low price of $5.00...YES, hangers cost me that much. And I paid for it. It's just what you do, because you don't have any other choice.

I will confess that I am a shopaholic. My husband and Victoria's Secret VIP Angels card can attest to that. So I needed these hangers because I had just received a package in the mail from Victoria's Secret for some online shopping that I did. I do a lot of that these days, because there really is nowhere to get decent bras, underwear, or shoes in my town, unless they're full-butt granny panties or cowboy boots. Ok, I lied-there's one store that has really cute stuff. But it's like $40 for a pair of flip flops. No thanks!

If I do want to make a trip to Walmart it's 60 miles from my home to the nearest one, which is even in a different state. And sadly we make a day trip of it. We'll drive to Williston, North Dakota and shop at Walmart. They actually have a Maurices there, for those of you familiar with the store. They also have a JCPenney and Vanity-but let's face it. I stopped shopping at Vanity when I realized that their clothes only fit over my left thigh. So that leaves Maurices and Penneys. They do ok, but just don't give me the options that I can find online. On our little day trip adventures, we usually go to lunch over there. Sometimes Applebees, (or Crapplebees as some refer to it!) or there's a quaint little wannabe-Mexican restaurant that serves sliced american cheese on top of it's enchiladas. I kid you not. But basically, for us, going to Walmart is a special occasion. HA!

We do actually have a JCPenney in Sidney, and several other local clothing stores. They have cute stuff now and then, but I just get tired of the same old thing. Plus, I LOVE online shopping. And when you get your package in the mail it's like Christmas! It keeps me connected with the rest of the world, and I am able to get my nice clothing and cute heels. I am able to look at Coach purses to lust over my next purchase and pretend like people around here know what it is. If your purse doesn't have shiny rhinestones, leather, horse hair or fringe, it means nothing to them. Slowly but surely, I'm changing these people's lives to expose them to the fabulousness that is fashion!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Keep it up! I can't believe how far it is to even get to a Walmart...wowza.

    Btw, what's the cute boutique in your town? Should I hit it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called the Lucky Buckle...they're on Facebook if you want to look at some of their stuff.

    ReplyDelete