Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to my roots

I noticed lately that I have not been blogging about my life in Eastern MT as much as I had hoped. Instead, I would just write about whatever I was feeling. I hope to do a little of both, but for today I suppose I will write about something important to every rancher/farmer.

P.S. During the winter there will be a lot less "farming" posts, because there's really not a whole lot going on during the winter. All we do is feed cows. The busy time comes in the spring and summer. But do not fear :) I will continue to post!

Sooooo, onto today. Most of you don't live on a farm in the middle of nowhere. Do you know what the difference between a pickup and a truck is? Same thing, right? That's what I thought when I first moved here. But NOPE-two very, very different things! How so? A TRUCK apparently is a semi-truck:


The way I grew up, a truck was a truck. It was a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, whatever. A semi was a semi. But now that I live on a farm, I have learned the difference. And boy, do those cowboys get testy when you call their pickup something it's not!

THIS is a PICKUP:




Apparently, there is a difference. If I say "truck" about our Chevy or Dodge, my husband always corrects me. He says, "A truck has 18 wheels. A pickup is what we drive every day."

My thought? Who cares! A truck is a pickup is a truck. Consider yourself farmified!!!

2 comments:

  1. My dad corrects me all the time too by saying the exact same thing as Pat. I agree...in my mind they're totally interchangeable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny!!! I've never heard that ever!

    ReplyDelete