I know they say the first step to beating addiction is to acknowledge your problems. Ok, so here goes.
Hello, my name is Nicole. And I am addicted to Reality TV.
You know, the stuff that's SO ridiculously bad? So bad, it's like a train wreck you just can't seem to look away from? I don't care if they end up breaking off their engagement on national TV. It keeps me entertained! And even if they like to call each other Prostitution Whores. I love watching it!
Patrick doesn't get it. Every time the Bachelorette comes on he says, "UGH. WHY do you watch this stuff?!?! They always break up anyways!" To which I usually reply, "Shut up! I like watching it!" and then I usually whisper, "and Tristan and Ryan are still together with two beautiful babies. That's why." But seriously, what single girl doesn't want that fantasy? Getting to pick from 25 eligible bachelors, going to exotic locations all around the world, being pampered like a princess, having guys fight over you, and getting a big ol' rock on your finger at the end of it? SERIOUSLY!?!?! This is every girl's DREAM! Did I mention most of them are ridiculously, ridiculously good looking? ( I'm talkin' about YOU Roberto!!!).
Some of my girlfriends and I would text during the shows about what was going on. Well, that was before, when we were in the same time zone and I got cell service at my house. We usually have weekly phone call/text dates every Tuesday, just to discuss what happened the night before. Ahhh, all in the name of love and romance!
Another show I am addicted to? More like shows...the Real Housewives series. Why? I think it's because I see people that are infinitely more wealthy than I am, and see that most of them act like classless idiots. Makes me feel good about myself :) Plus it makes for cheap entertainment when they flip tables at each other and pull hair. I mean, who ARE these people? Where do they come from??? RIDICULOUS!
Oh, and p.s. I also have a Twitter account. And I tweet these reality TV stars. I know, it's stupid. BUT, I have received replies from 2 of them. I'm obsessed...not quite sure why.
But I can say that I know it's not because I live in the boonies with nothing to do. My GRANDMA was recently talking to me about the girls on the Real Housewives shows, referring to them by first name! And my grandma lives in CA, surrounded by lots of people and things to do...but she's retired. And her dog looks like a little sausage cause it's so fat. Ok, maybe I like these shows cause I'm bored.
Anybody? Is there anybody out there that can ease me from my insanity?!?!?! PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one!!!
But there are some reality shows that are legit, like Top Chef. I like that one too. That makes me normal, right?




Do not fret my friend! I love the RHW series too! I haven't caught up on last weeks, but I'm getting there. I also love Teen Mom! Oh man...what have are lives come to?
ReplyDeleteI blame you for my new RHWNY obsession. :) We're all in it too - don't worry.
ReplyDeleteYeessssssss!!! Another one bites the dust! I tell you, it sure is addicting!
ReplyDeleteMom and I have a standing weekly Bachelorette date because we love it. I watched it once with ALbert and while he acted uninterested he knows all of the guys names. I think he might secretly watch it at home while I am at Mom's!
ReplyDeleteI am addicted to The Bachelorette! I'm rooting for Chris, although I do think Roberto is sooo good looking!
ReplyDelete