Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yummmm

There's this little thing called comfort food. I was having the urge to down a pint last night...a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked fro-yo that is. I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to lean towards food when I am sad, down, depressed, etc. I just love food. Somehow,I fought the urge, and went outside to do weed my garden. YAY for being productive!

The thing about comfort food, is that is feels SO GOOD. It feels like it's wrapping it's greasy, buttery, crunchy, crispy, ooey-gooey fingers around you like a soft fleece blanket. For a moment, it takes all of your other thoughts away, and you are left in a state of bliss at the pure excitement that is happening on your tongue at the moment.

However, the BAD thing about comfort food is that once you're done, you're still sad, down, depressed, and magically 5 pounds heavier. AWESOME. Now you're fat, bloated and your stomach hurts. Time to pop some Tums. It's like booze. Some people go out to drink away their problems to take away the pain. However, the next day their life still sucks and now they have a massive hangover. FAIL. I think I'll stick with the comfort food. Besides, a box of mac n' cheese is like $1.50, and that will get you about 1/4 of a beer, if you're lucky. Certainly not enough to do serious damage and forget your woes.

What are my favorite comfort foods? Check them out below. WARNING: Hope you're not hungry, sad, bored or depressed. You may want to binge yourself into a food coma after seeing these yummy foods!

















OOOOOOkay, now that you're all hungry and want to run to the grocery store to get whatever ooey-gooey goodness you can get your hands on, what are YOUR favorite comfort foods???

6 comments:

  1. OMG the chocolate cake! How dare you put that on here. Did you know it's 7 pounds? Lord have mercy on my sweat pants. I'd have to say any ice cream is my comfort food. Sometimes it's Picketts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My body won't even allow me the comfort of luxury food anymore. I have it so trained I literally got sick when I had to have Taco Bell the other day. The bad side of the "healthy food" coin. I just want something fried now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "luxury of comfort food" maybe. Dyslexic I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueberry muffin batter for sure, and mac 'n cheese, mmmmm, I'd also say the honey wheat pretzels sticks, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! My comfort food...chocolate chip cookies! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete