Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Everyone's Favorite Procrastination Tool

Well, it's my favorite procrastination tool at least! There is one thing I find particularly intriguing about facebook status updates. There are several different kinds, so I'll break them down for you.

1. There are the updates that say stuff like "I'm bored. Someone text me!" Well, if no one's texting you in the first place, no one's probably going to facebook you either. And p.s. the rest of us don't care that you're bored!

2. The "I'm so upset, I just had the worst day ever!" While I feel bad for people who had an awful day, I don't think you will find the support you need from people on facebook. Call your mother-she'll help.

3. The ones where people post song lyrics. I don't mind the ones that are all upbeat and happy or funny, but the ones where you are talking about your life swirling down the drain, thunder clouds are rolling in, your suffocating in your own head-those sad and depressing songs have no place on facebook. Go get an anti-depressant. They'll do more good for you than any song will.

4. The one where they give their EVERY detail about EVERY minute of their day! If you want to do that, get a twitter. And don't expect me to follow you :)

5. The one where people are in such a good mood all the time, you start to wonder if they're faking it just to piss other people off. Is anyone always really that happy? Maybe it's those song people I told to get on anti-depressants :)

6. Those completely RANDOM ones that you have no idea what they're talking about. These can be both funny and just plain annoying.

7. The people who post inside jokes on their status. I mean seriously, the point of having an inside joke is so you and either one or several people can joke about it. By putting it on facebook you're practically begging people for attention. Keep the inside jokes off of your status updates folks.

8. The one where people post how much they hate their job. Get a new one! Life is too short to not enjoy what you love to do!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy updates like the ones where people post about what's going on in their lives, when they go on trips, new jobs, interesting news, and when people get engaged and have babies. I like reading stuff like that.

What are some of your pet peeves about Facebook status updates?

1 comment:

  1. You are out of control...sad to say that my FB status today could have reflected most of those. Although, I did stop myself from posting some lyrics because that's dumb! Friend, you crack me up and now I will always be thinking about my FB status before posting it.

    ReplyDelete