Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Aaaaaaand we're back to Monday! I honestly don't mind Mondays because I love my job and I love the people I work with. Well, most of them ;) And for me it's really like Tuesday because I have a short week this week. I'm headed to Vegas on Friday for the weekend !Woohoo!

This weekend was pretty low-key for us, which is nice. Friday night we went to dinner with my brother and sister in law, and then headed in for the night. Saturday Patrick worked around the farm a bit, and was checking cows and saw that we had the first calf of the year!


All of our cows are red angus, but we are taking care of our neighbors' herd of 235 cows this winter, so this was one of his. While he was out working I started cleaning. He came home and entertained Hunter while I scrubbed the floors, cleaned bathrooms and got ready for company we were having that night. He also started planning out some corrals and a riding arena that we're going to put up this year.

As I mentioned, we were having some of our friends out for dinner. They have a 6 month old little girl named Trinity. Let's just say I have one chunky monkey for a child, because she is twice his age and they weigh the same and are the same length. We were joking that it was their first date together and got some pictures together. They were so cute! After a few seconds she sort of cuddled into him and started holding his hand. It was adorable :)



Sunday we went to church, Patrick did some work stacking hay and loading his semi, and well, I blogged :) I am happy to report that I have a blog entry for EVERY day this week! That hasn't happened in months!!



One thing I've started doing to be more organized for the week, is a lot of prep work. Sunday I usually do meal prepping for the week. I go to the grocery store on Thursday or Friday, then get everything ready for the week. I usually bake something for Patrick to take in his lunches, get stuff ready for my lunches, and make a couple dinners ahead of time. This week I am making some marinated round steaks for tomorrow night and lasagna for another night.

I also set out Hunter's outfits for the whole week, and my outfit for the next day. Staying super organized like this definitely helps me get to work on time, and allows me to get up at my normal time that I always did in the mornings, even before baby. I'm still able to make a nice meal every night, and make a lunch for myself and Patrick every day. All while working full time! But believe me, I get tired!

Sunday night we decided to have a movie night, so I got some microwave popcorn, candy and some ice cream for both of us :) we rented Last Vegas and it was pretty funny.

Overall it was a nice weekend with my little family. We're looking forward to a week of hard work, and then a trip for me starting Friday, and some daddy/Hunter time for 3 days!

Happy Monday friends!

4 comments:

  1. We watched Last Vegas while my in-laws were here, and we all loved it! Just imagining those babies holding hands melts my heart.

    Also, I would just like to say that it's not fair that your hair looks that good and you have a baby. My hair hardly ever looks that good, and I have zero excuse not to do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! & can I just say you have the most beautiful momma glow!! You are seriously staying on top of things with all of your organization going on!! I need to be more like you!! I try but, with renovations all I want to do is that just to get it done! Who cares that we need to eat!? LOL! Have sooo much fun in Vegas!!! Are you going just for fun??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness what cuties trinity and hunter are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your low-key weekend actually sounds pretty busy! I love that shot of Hunter and Trinity - she looks way more pleased than he does to be the subject of so much attention! ;o)

    I do a lot of planning, too, otherwise I'd never stay on top of things! I'm excited to read your blog posts this week!

    ReplyDelete