Starting on May 17th, I was off of work for ELEVEN days. Where did I go? NOWHERE! I had a staycation, and stayed home almost the whole entire time. I slept in past 7 every day, took naps almost every day, did a couple of Pinterest projects, helped out a little on the farm, and spent lots of quality time with my pups. Oh, and watched and insane amount of TV.
I also only wore makeup once, did my hair once, and wore something other than sweatpants/yoga pants/ratty jeans once. It was FANTASTIC! I checked my email twice, FB twice, and left my cell phone off most of the week. I tell you, it was perfection for a homebody like me.
Not gonna lie though, by the end, I was ready to come back to work! So in pictures, I'll detail a little of what I did last week:
This is the only day I did my hair and makeup, and got dressed in a socially acceptable outfit. Our cousin Nathan graduated high school and was the class Valedictorian. We're SO proud of him! The roses that I'm holding are given out by the class members. They give them to family members and important people in their lives. We got one from him and one from our neighbor who graduated too.
Giving his speech
Me and my farmer :)
After that day, Nathan came out for a couple days and helped Patrick with some fencing.
I also planted all of my garden-I would show you a picture, but it's just a big flat piece of dirt right now. I also did plant all of my flower pots though!
There are about 17 or 18 flower pots in all, but these are just a few of them. I did a little project with some old mineral tubs from the cows, some spray paint, and flowers that I'll show you guys some other time.
So that's basically what I did on my staycation! I have lots of other stuff to share with you, including some great pictures (well, at least I think they are! haha) from around the farm.
I'm glad to be back! Oh, and tomorrow I'm FINALLY doing a little tour of our living room, so come back to get an inside scoop on we do most of our lounging!




Welcome back! and I'm a bit jealous of your staycation! Sounds so rejuvinating!
ReplyDeleteSounds great to me! Glad to have you back though! & I need to plant some flowers too! Found a planter box idea on Pinterest yesterday so I'm ready!
ReplyDeleteI need a vacay like this! Best ever!
ReplyDeleteYou look hot!!!! I am glad you had a good little staycation.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun staycation! You and the farmer look so great all dressed up!
ReplyDeleteTiffany
I missed you! And I'm really glad you're back! You really deserved 11 days of relaxing - you are always such a busy girl. I'm glad you took full advantage of it!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for not calling it a blogiversary. I get so irritated by terms like that! :o)
P.P.S. Love your dress!
Oooh what a luxurious 11 days I bet it was! I want a staycation now :)
ReplyDeletelove your dress you wore to the graduation!