Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, May 31, 2013

Some Pretties from My Time Off

First of all, Happy Friday!! Even though I it was a short week, and I was off last week, I'm taking off work a little early today because we're branding this weekend and my MIL and I are doing all of the cooking! We'll be feeding anywhere from 16-25 people, so it's quite a chore.

On the menu:
-Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
-My super famous potato salad
-Cucumber salad
-Fruit salad
-Angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream
-Brownies
-Rice Krispies
-Cookies
-Drinks

I'll have pics of this yearly event for you next week sometime!

In my time off, I was able to capture a couple of nice pictures, all taken with my iphone. When I was considering making the change from Droid to iphone, I was worried because the iphone 4 didn't have as good of a camera...or so the specs said. But I can say that I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!

Enjoy!


My heart :)

The sprayer sitting in the field waiting for the wind to calm down.

Summertime backyard fire pit time...an evening well spent. 

The first wheat field of the year planted a couple weeks ago...already has wheat growing!

On another note, my great grandmother will be celebrating her 100th birthday this weekend! The family is having a big party down in California. Wish I could go, but it's just a hard time of year for us. 100 years?!?! Can you believe that?! Sure hope my husband loves me A LOT, because longevity runs in my family. My great great grandma lived to be 105, granny is 100, and my great grandpa lived to be 97. Happy Birthday Granny!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your granny!
    Your photos are beautiful! Love your pups.
    The menu for the weekend sounds delicious.
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the firepit/sunset picture!

    Happy 100th birthday to your grandmother! Most of my family members on my mom's side live to be between 95-105, so I hope I've inherited that, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! Congrats on your great grand turning 100! That's a big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, love the one of the fire! And happy birthday to your granny! How awesome!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your post and enjoyed a lot.

      Igor Kopmar,
      burun estetigi

      Delete
  5. Wow that's amazing! The life span of your family that is! haha. Love the picture with the fire and the sunset.

    ReplyDelete