I feel as though I owe you all a little bit of an explanation as to why I have blogged only a couple times in the past week, and maybe haven't put the greatest posts together (at least that's how I feel!).
With such a long, hard winter, long, and let me emphasize again LONG...the weather has finally gotten nicer. I can finally go outside, play with my dogs, get the garden and my planters ready, go for a walk, or just clean up the yard. It feels like I've waited AGES for this to come, and it's finally here! I feel like if I spend time indoors blogging, I'm not taking full advantage of the weather like I should be. I love being outside, and I want to spend as much time as I can out there (at least before the life-size mosquitos come around).
Between that, and work I have been BUSY. Long days, getting home at 10:00 p.m., going in at 7:00 am, and constantly on the move all.day.long. It's a really busy time of year for us, since we write grants to get our funding so I can get paid and have a job.
Lastly, the farm. It hasn't taken up too much of my time directly, but a little indirectly. This weekend we sorted cows, moved cows, and Patrick and I were out at 5:30 a.m. yesterday getting the seeder going to plant wheat. When he's working long days either hauling grain or working in the field, it's my job to do breakfast, lunch and dinner for him. I also have to take care of more stuff around the house by myself, which is no big deal. He's out there working, I can suck it up a little bit.
Saturday: consisted of Patrick going to the field to start seeding, me and MIL drive his pickup to town to get serviced and pick up breakfast. Come back, deliver breakfast to the field, help fix the seeder. Go help sort cows, go home, detail my pickup. Make lunch and deliver it to the field, back to the farm to move the cows. Back into town to get the pickup, run to the grocery store. Come home and prepare dinner, which will be eaten by everyone.
Sunday: Up at 4:30 a.m., out the door by 5:30 a.m. to go to the seeder. Sit in the field while Patrick finishes the final rounds on the field, flag him down the county road to the next field. Help load the seeder, go to the farm and get the fertilizer truck to refill the seeder. Back to the farm...and home at 8:30 a.m. to take my nap for the day :) Up at 11:15 (yep, long nap! hahaha), make lunch and deliver it to the field. Clean house, rearrange a little in the living room, make cookies (which are a staple during farming season), do some other stuff around the house, and dinner at 7:00 p.m. Oh, and I got a little reading in too.
Basically, that's what our days will look like from here on out, until the wheat is harvested in the fall. Granted, this is a busy time of year and all days won't be like that-mostly just during seeding and harvest. Well, and baling. So basically all the time :)
So....that's what I've been up to! I took some pics of my living room, so come back tomorrow to see what they look like!




I have been wondering where you have been!!!!
ReplyDeleteNever apologize for enjoying life! :) Glad the weather is finally getting warm enought to be out and enjoy.
ReplyDeleteHUGS!
Sounds like things are crazy, but good!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean! Chris has been mowing and baling. We have had awesome weather so that means he has been getting home at 3:30am or so and then up at 8 to do it all over again. I have to work too, so the only time I have seen him is when he is sleeping. Well except over the weekend, I saw him between getting out of the shower and heading out the door! haha
ReplyDeleteWow reading this post made me tired, good to hear that the weather is finally nice! I never never never take the nice TX weather for granted, my husband's brother goes to school and rodeos in Bozeman, I don't know how he does it- we are most likely moving back north this winter and the thought of it makes me cringe...although I'll be looking forward to being hours from civilization again, I guess it evens out! :)
ReplyDeleteYou play the role of a farmer's wife nicely, if I do say so. :o)
ReplyDeleteYou know, when I see people go on blogging breaks or only post once a week, I'm happy for them. Life is meant for living. You're doing the right thing taking advantage of your sunshine before it gets too hot out there!
You're living life - no reason to apologize! Once the weather turns nice it is hard to do things inside!
ReplyDeleteThat's a busy life for sure...loving the new layout!
ReplyDeleteHi Nicole! I am a new follower. I came across your blog from the Coast to Coast map. I am excited to find some other MT bloggers! :)
ReplyDelete