And now that we're finally halfway through May (wait, how did that happen??) I thought I'd update you guys on my goals for the year:
1) Cook 20 new recipes from Pinterest: 9/20
During April I actually made 5 different recipes from pinterest! You know this picture of Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins that everyone and their dog is repinning?
I went there...and they were pretty good! I would definitely make them again. I also made Ramen Noodle Salad, Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos, Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole (which I posted on here), and Bubble Up Pizza. They were all pretty good, but the Ramen Noodle Salad was my favorite.
2) No online shopping for 1 month
This did not happen during April-I actually did A LOT of online shopping that month! However, May is my month for no online shopping. So far, so good!
3) Visit 5 places I've never been before: 3/5
I actually went to 3 new bars in Billings that I had never been to. We took a short weekend trip to see the PBR and visit my sister and some friends. My sister and Patrick had been to these places, but I never had! I'll just count this as one new place though.
4) Read 20 books: 17/20
I read 6 books this month! Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Lana (from the In Flight Series), Perfection (Neighbor from Hell #2), Neighbor from Hell #3, The Proposition, The Proposal (both by Katie Ashley), and The Shack. I think it's safe to say I'll probably reach my goal by the end of May...
5) Send a note once a month to a friend: 4/12
Done and done! I actually did an extra one this month to make up for missing one in January.
6) Complete 10 Pinterest ideas: 1/10
I completely forgot to post about this in last months updates, but I did the "man" Easter basket for Patrick!
7) Use some of my photography to decorate our home.
Haven't completed this yet either...but I'm forming some ideas, and yes, Pinterest is involved. I have big plans for next week, so we'll see how it all comes out.
8) Complete the weekly savings money challenge
Nope, nothing on this either. I'm obviously terrible at saving $. Good thing I have a 401K at work.
9) Take a week off of work, just because.
This is happening NEXT WEEK!!! I'm off early Friday afternoon the 17th, and don't come back to work until the 28th! YAHOO!! I'm not going anywhere, and just staying HOME :)
10) Read a daily devotional book with my husband, every day.
We've continued to fail at this one too. I could make excuses, but we just haven't done it. It takes less than 5 minutes at night.
11) Host 3 giveaways on my blog
I was actually planning on doing one for my 3rd blog anniversary, which was last week, by the way...whoops! Just didn't get around to it. But I have some other ideas in mind...
13) Finish 3 projects in our house: 1/3
I got one finished! I redid a few things in our living room. And I'll be hopefully doing a picture tour of that in the NEAR future. Which means I actually cleaned it, and took pictures :)
I felt I did pretty good in the month of April for my goals! It looks like I'm right on schedule with the Pinterest recipes, and I know I'll have all of the books completed by the end of May. I only had 3 left to read to reach my goal and I'm almost done with book #3 for the month.
It definitely takes some effort to consciously think about these goals and get them done, but it's nice to keep myself accountable!
How are you guys coming on your goals for the year?




Great goals!
ReplyDeleteMy annual goal list is pathetic right now....
I am jealous of how many books you read. I have this list that keeps getting longer of ones I want to read. I just can't seem to make the time for it.
ReplyDeleteThat ramen noodle salad looks good. This may be a dumb question, but do you cook the noodles before putting them in the salad? I didn't see that in the instructions.
I say you're doing a great job on your goals! I have good weeks and bad weeks completing my goals. I actually went through a bad month or two getting things done - hopefully I'm on the right track now!
ReplyDeleteWow you have done quite alot! love it.
ReplyDeleteMeghan Silva's Blog
You are doing great!! You are showing me up on the book goal for sure. I have got to get that in gear!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
Those muffins are my FAVORITE. I plan on making them again soon!!
ReplyDelete