Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Our Living Room

I'm pretty sure I posted some pics of our living room way back when, but I've changed a couple small things around, and took more pictures...oh, and cleaned it so it looks nice too :)

Back in 2009 when we moved it, it left something to be desired....this is the only picture I have of the "before"


It had pink carpet, a bluish-tinted paint color on the walls, old windows, and window treatments from the 70's. It's a really long room.

So, we added some paint, new flooring, new windows, window treatments, our own furniture, and after a brief mishap with some shelving on the back wall, a new wall.

And we are left with this:

The color on the walls is called Tea Leaf Green and we just got it from Walmart. The color on the ceiling is an off-white/cream color. This picture is taken from the back right of the room.

Back left of the room

 We have a few DVD's :) And this is my favorite piece of wall art in my whole house: We Don't Dial 911.
The picture below that spells out "Hackley", with each of the pictures being taken from machinery and old stuff from around the farm. The doorway to the right goes into the dining room, and the doorway to the left goes to the bedrooms and bathroom.

 Looking down the right side of the room. I made the greenery arrangement between the two chairs with stuff from Hobby Lobby.Oh, and all of our furniture is microfiber. Don't love it, but it's nice and soft and comfortable.

Front right corner. Our fake little fireplace. Picture on the right is a wedding pic, and the one on the left is an old Christmas card picture of my Aunt Lisa and fam! How do you like that auntie and Erin? You're in our living room!

Looking from the front of the room towards the back. I love love love the giant clock. That has been the newest addition to the room. We got it at Lowe's! Oh, and two of our blankets in this room were hand-knit/crocheted by my Aunt Lisa too. She's the best! And the blankets are SO warm in the winter time! At first we only had one that we fought over all the time, so I had her make us another one! Also, I didn't want the room to feel so enclosed with the dark green on the walls, so I painted the back wall the same color as the ceiling.

Looking from the back right corner into the dining room and kitchen is to the far right.

Looking at the back right corner. I like having this other small seating area that can seat another 2 people when we have family over. I also made this dry arrangement with stuff from Hobby Lobby, and got the Live Laugh Love sign from there too. Pillows are from my Aunt Mandy, who gave them to me waaaaay back in the day in college! Mirror and bench are from Pier 1. Oh yeah, and can't forget my little basket of adult reading material :)

If I had to do it over again, I would have put carpet in here instead of laminate flooring. I would love to put a huge rug in here, but I'd probably need 2 of them to cover the area I wanted, and those things aren't cheap! We've also been talking about getting a new couch and loveseat, getting rid of the recliner and keeping the 2 overstuffed chairs. We'll see what happens though.

One other thing you might have noticed....there is no overhead light! With the giant picture window and 2 smaller windows, it's usually bright enough during the day. During the evening, I prefer the warm glow of lamps, which is why there are 4 of them in the room. 

Overall, I just love this room. To me, it's so cozy, inviting, and is somewhere I just want to curl up and relax.

7 comments:

  1. Your living room is cozy! I'm coming over to watch a movie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love it too!! It looks so cozy. I like the paint color--I did a similar one in my new bathroom. Why do you not like the laminate wood floors? I think I want them, but maybe you can talk me out of it??

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great place to curl up for 11 days and watch movies! :o) No wonder you didn't do much else! I love how you've decorated and painted, especially that one wall that's the same color as the ceiling. I think it does open up the room nicely!

    I feel the same about microfiber. It's not my favorite, but you can't beat the price and it's really easy to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love y'alls house! It looks so inviting & cozy! So homey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our couches are microfiber, now we just need to be able to use them. The trick to cleaning them is using rubbing alcohol and not water. Rubbing alcohol evaporates where water leaves a water mark. I like your living room, it is very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love that room! Comfy and homey....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! That green looks great!

    ReplyDelete