Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Enchiladas

My version of enchiladas doesn't require a recipe...I just kind of made it up as I went along.

Here is how I make them:

Ingredients:
-1 lb hamburger
-10 flour tortillas
-1 large can red enchilada sauce
-1/2 lb Colby jack cheese shredded
-1/2 cup salsa

Directions:
-Brown hamburger and drain. Add in salsa and a handful of cheese. Mix until cheese is melted.
-Spray a 13x9 pan with non-stick spray. Pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the 13x9 and swirl around so the sauce coats the entire bottom and sides of the pan.
-Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce into a shallow dish (I use a pie plate) and coat entire tortilla with sauce. Put a spoonful of the meat mixture into the tortilla, followed by a couple pinches of cheese. It should look like this:


-Tuck in the sides and roll up. Place in 13x9 pan. Repeat until all of your tortillas and meat mixture are used. 
-Dump any remaining enchilada sauce over the pan, and cover with the rest of the cheese.


-Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

These are always super easy to make, although a little messy. For us, I use two 9x9 pans and freeze one of them for a freezer meal. It works out great! I thaw them in the fridge, then bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 


4 comments:

  1. Yummy and great idea! I need to do freezer meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum girl you are speaking my food language.. we are Mexican loving peeps I giving these a try
    I love making them into the smaller pans and then freezing one. I don't know where you get your pans but I have found a really cheap website for pans like these and more and I order and stock up. Its apartysource.com they are only 32 cents and at our grocery or walmart they are 2 bucks for 2.

    ReplyDelete