Well five years after I started collecting them, I did actually do something with them! Like any good crafter does, I went on Pinterest and found a few cute ideas. I settled on wine cork fridge magnets. Easy and quick!
I had the materials to make them for almost 7 months before I actually made these bad boys.
Here are all my supplies:
-wine corks
-magnet strip
-tacky glue
-scissors
-knife
-cutting board
First I sliced all of the corks in half. Make sure your knife is good and sharp so it cuts better.
I then measured the magnet strip on the back of each half cork and cut it. The magnet strip had adhesive on the back, but it was not sticky enough to keep it adhered.
So instead I used tacky glue to keep the magnet on. I think in the future if I made these again I would use a hot glue gun. The tacky glue took too long to dry, and because the curve of the magnet, some if the edges curled up.
All of the corks with their magnets...I then placed a stack of books on top to try and keep the magnets flush to the cork. It worked on about half of them. The others I'll have to go back and hot glue.
The finished product:
I think they turned out super cute! If I were to do it again, I would definitely use a hot glue gun from the beginning, and a stronger magnet strength. I got a level 3 and I'm pretty sure it won't be holding up a whole lot. That's ok though, they're still cute!
What wine cork projects have you guys done?








I have seen these & they are just so stinking cute!! One or two would be perfect to add in with a wine bottle & wine bag as a gift combo!! I'm all about the gift combos!! :)
ReplyDeletelook at you go girl, I love them. I have mine in a large decorative huge wine glass and I write the date an occasion or what we are doing on them. Love the magnets I could even take s few and do this thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteI love mine that you send me. Although they dont hold anything up they still look cute on my fridge. I might try to make my own.
ReplyDeleteVery cute Nicole and congrats on actually getting a Pinterest project done! The only cork project I've ever done is I made a cork trivet and then gave it away as a gift. It was an easy project and the person who received it enjoys it. :)
ReplyDeleteI just made picture frames for the fridge and I totally forgot I could use a glue gun. I love my glue gun, but I rarely use it. Thank goodness you reminded me because I have to decorate a hat tomorrow!
ReplyDelete