Ummmm, not even close! There can be no such thing as Flip Off Friday on Christmas Eve! Ok, well maybe here's one thing:
I love living far away from everything, outside of a small town. HOWEVER, during the holidays it gets to be VERY frustrating when the gifts you order online DO NOT SHOW UP in time! I ordered a gift two and a half WEEKS ago, and well, it's still not here :( And it isn't just because it's the holidays. Usually it takes 7-10 business days for ANYTHING to get shipped here.
The gift is for my in-laws....so hopefully they don't kick me out of the family! haha. It's actually a giant 4-foot popcorn cart that makes that yummy popcorn you can get at the movie theater. DELISH! So I was thinking I would wrap a small box of microwave popcorn and a picture of the cart. It still makes my heart a little sad :( ALSO, my father in law is getting my mother in law something for her wedding ring. He sent it in A MONTH ago, and it's still not here! (Nevermind the fact that I think the jeweler is shady shady and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him). My FIL kept going into the jewelry store to ask when it was done, and the guy would tell him, oh next Monday, or ooohhh, it will be here on the 23rd at 4 o'clock. Was it in when we stopped there yesterday? NOPE. Shaaaaaadybusiness if you ask me....so if it's not here today when we stop by, Christmas MAY get a little intense, as my MIL will probably raise holy hell!
So that's my ONE flip off of the day.
Other than that, I do have some GOOD news: I'm not on vacation for the holidays AT ALL, so I will be blogging for your reading pleasure :) I probably won't tomorrow, because I'll be opening presents like a 5-year-old, and stuffing my face full of DELISH food. But I'll try to be back on Sunday with pics of all the goods!
The reason I'm not on vacation this year is that for the past 2 years we have driven the 10 hour trek across the great state of Montana to my folks' house. I figured since we spent the last 2 years there we could spend the holiday here. It's kinda nice cause we don't have to drive anywhere, but it also hurts my heart a little that I don't get to see my fam and my giant prego sister :(
The nice part is, is that my hubby's family is VERY good about including me in their holidays. We draw names for each person in the extended family, and since we first started dating, I've been included in the drawings. His mom made sure to get the recipe of my favorite Christmas morning dish from my mom so I could feel more at home on Christmas morning. She also fills a stocking full of goodies for me, and I get as many gifts from her as my hubby does! This year I also convinced her to follow in another one of my family's traditions: staying in your pajamas ALL day! We told aunts, uncles and cousins, so we'll all be super cozy all day.
Last but not least, JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! Sometimes I get all caught up with the gift-buying and decorating, but I always remember that Jesus Christ is the reason we have this holiday, and he died to save me from sin, so that I can go to an amazing place when I pass. Even if you just take a minute during the day, thank God for giving us his son and say, "Thank you God and Happy Birthday Jesus."
Also, be thinking and praying for our troops overseas, who don't get to spend time with their families. I hold a place in my heart for every single soldier who is making a great sacrifice for us, so that we can celebrate things like Christmas day. Especially my little Ashley Flynn and her husband Dan who are both in Afghanistan.
LOVE LOVE LOVE to all of my readers. I hope you all have a fantastic, wonderful, amazing day with your families!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment