So after a week of vacation, who really wants to go back to work? Not this girl, that's for sure! I did not get to blog at all last week, because surprisingly, I was pretty busy on my vacation! I haven't announced this online anywhere yet, but I'm going to be an auntie! My little sis is having a baby....GIRL! So we decided while we were visiting my folks in Hamilton, MT we would have a baby shower for her. So needless to say I was very busy planning for that.
But, don't worry bloggers, I was thinking about you, even though I didn't post anything. I was reminiscing on all of the so-called "luxuries" that people take for granted, that I don't have out here in (BF)Eastern MT. Such as....
1) A drive-thru pharmacy. I had a Walgreen's in the town I lived in, and now I don't have the option. I have to go into the store. Not a big deal? Try it when it's -25 degrees outside :)
2) Drive-thru anything! The only drive thru's we have here are McDonald's, Taco Johns, and the local coffee shop. That's it.
3) The closeness of everything. It takes me a half hour to get anywhere here from where I live. I can't just "run to the store."
4) Drinking water out of the faucet. Nope, can't do that either. All of our water has to be distilled, or else it tastes like you're licking a salt block.
5) Not knowing whether you'll be able to get to your house or not. You never can tell with all of the wind and snow drifts here, and sometimes we have to plow our road and driveway with the tractor before we can even get to our house.
6) Good restaurant food. We have exactly 2 types of food here: Greasy bar food, and anything you can put ranch dressing on! Which are really one in the same I guess. I got to eat Mexican food while at my parent's house...it was SOOO good!
7) Paved roads. We have exactly 2 paved roads in our county outside of our small towns. They are 2 highways and one goes North/South, and the other goes East/West. The rest are dirt roads. I'm not kidding!
8) Movie theaters. Whenever I go somewhere with a decent movie theater, I try to catch at least one movie. We have a movie theater here, but my husband said that the last time he went there about 15 years ago he saw rats in the theater. Ummm, no thanks.
Those are just some of the things that I noticed that I missed when I went back to a town with a population over 5,000 people. Don't take these things for granted, people! Enjoy them!!!




Wow. We don't have drive thrus here in NYC, because no one drives! We walk everywhere :) I also have the option of about 9 movie theaters within a mile radius of me. And about every single country's ethnic fare is represented here...Greek, Indian, even African food!
ReplyDeleteUgh, I wish we had all of those options! My options are usually pizza, anything deep fried, or steak. BORING!!!!
ReplyDelete