Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, December 27, 2010

Soapbox

Ok, normally I try to be positive and not vent about silly things on my blog. But today pertains to living in Eastern MT, so I think it's ok. Aaaaand, some of you might think I'm a bitch after reading this.

Alright, here goes. I think the East Coasters are a bunch of whining babies. I think it's ridiculous how it's national freakin' news when they get snow. Everything closes down, there are hundreds of reports of stranded drivers, car crashes and people seem to think it's the end of the world if they get a foot of snow. I couldn't go onto any news site or even my Yahoo homepage without seeing headline stories about how much snow they're getting and pictures of idiots that are trying to drive in it. Big friggin' deal! Up here, we're all like, "We get that weather all the time. What's their problem?"

I actually read an article yesterday morning of how a man was stranded at an airport in New York and was trying to get his family of 4 to Orlando to Disney World. And you know what this guy said? "You would think with all of the technology we have now that they wouldn't have to cancel flights and they could continue all flights. This is ridiculous." Ummm, are you joking? The only technology that may help you, sir, is a swift kick in the ass to hopefully screw your idiot brain in place.

Now, I know where I live. We have shitty weather and I complain about it a lot. HOWEVER, we deal with it. Did you guys see the national news the other day when we got 16 inches of snow? Me either. That's cause there wasn't anything. Granted, it does suck and make things inconvenient for about a day. Is there ever anything about how bad our weather is? Nope. You know there are weeks at a time where it gets as low as -25 degrees every day?

Even my friend SB in Dallas says that people turn into IDIOTS when it rains. It's like they forget how to drive. It's RAIN people. Come on!

I think this has to do with people being able to get what they want, when they want it, and where they want it. We live a MUCH slower pace of life here, and if you have to wait for something or drive a little bit slower to get somewhere, you just do it. It definitely takes a little getting used to, but you just have to do it. You have to drive slower or you WILL end up in the ditch.

My advice to the rookies? SLOW DOWN. DEAL WITH IT. No one is going to fix this problem for you, and *gasp* you may in fact have to just suck it up and deal with it for a little bit.

Ok, I'm stepping down now....

1 comment:

  1. LOL Yes, here in Dallas, when it rains people freak out! When we get sleet and everything shuts down. When it snows, the world is ending haha it is too funny. I have learned to laugh about it! I couldn't agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete