BACKGROUND:
On Tuesday night of this week we had a storm that brought in freezing rain. So don't worry, on top of the two feet of snow that we have, everything was now covered in ice. The highways closed on Tuesday night, and most people stayed home from work on Wednesday because the roads were SO bad. I heard reports of multiple semi-trucks jack-knifed and flipped off of the road, and cars in the ditch left and right.
So what do I do Wednesday morning? What any other fearless country Prairie Princess with a Pontiac G6 would do. I drove the 25 miles to town and went to work, silly! You just can't be STOOPID and drive the regular speed limit-you have to go VERY slow.
On said 25 mile stretch of highway, I normally pass 40-50 vehicles on my way to work everyday (I know, staggering numbers aren't they??)
My best friend works as an Emergency Room Nurse at a children's hospital in Dallas, and drives in traffic EVERY DAY. The following is how our conversation went:
SB: How's the weather?
ME: Prettttty crappy today. The roads were awful because we had freezing rain and everything was covered in ice. I only passed about 5 cars on the way to work this morning and I usually pass about 40!
SB: You're ridiculous. I'm sitting in traffic right now, and I can count WAY MORE than 40 cars from where I'm sitting.
It's true. I really live in the middle of nowhere.




Yay for Eastern Montana! Way to go Gwen!
ReplyDeleteYou've gotta give your car credit for making the trek all the way into town!!!
ReplyDelete