Well, not so much. Since it was blizzarding I couldn't see very well. I happened to turn into my driveway, right into a 3 foot snow drift that was up to my headlights on my short car. And then it stopped. My car was stuck. I try for about 15 minutes to shift between Drive and Reverse to get it unstuck. FAIL. Sooo, I step out in my tennis shoes and jeans into large snowdrifts and trudge through the blizzard to my house, about 100 yards away. It's SO cold and miserable that I start crying (I know, I'm a big woosie). By the time I get to my house I'm out of breath, my pants, shoes and socks are soaked and frozen, and tears are frozen to my face. YUCK. Thankfully my doggies were there to make me feel better.
I strip right down to my skivvies and go lay in my bed to warm up, figuring I will just have my hubby deal with my car when he gets home. Well, after being bored to death after watching 15 minutes of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Season 5, I decided I would attempt to get my car unstuck, drive it to the farmyard, and have it stay there. I dressed up in my coveralls, Carhartt jacket, boots, gloves, hats, you name it. Grab a shovel and the dogs and head out. I looked like the kid from a Christmas story that is so bundled up he can hardly walk. So after burning 1,000 calories walking to my car in massive snow drifts, it takes 20 minutes to dig my car out of this snow drift. I load up the dogs, the shovel, and wedge myself behind the steering wheel and head to the farm. Story over? NOPE.
Once again, Gwen (my car) mobs through the snowdrifts on the county road to get to the highway. I drive the 1/2 mile to the farmyard. Conditions are no better there. I barely make it down the driveway and Gwen is bottoming out on the snow. I pull off the side of the driveway and leave it there, thinking it will be ok. I go inside my in-laws' house and wait for my hubby. Well, he gets there 10 minutes later worried sick cause he had driven over to our house looking for me after I sent him the "HELP! I'm stuck in the snow!" text message. Oops. He decides that Gwen cannot stay where she is parked (partly because it was halfway in the driveway) and that we need to move her into the shop. I pack on my 392 layers again and head out. Well, Gwen is stuck. AGAIN. Thankfully this time hubs is there to push the front of the car while I steer it. He is NOT happy and had some choice words....again, oopsie! :)
We get Gwen turned around and driving over to the shop. She gets stuck AGAIN! What's the deal??? There's just too much effing snow, that's what. I finally back her up, gain some speed, and plow through the snow drift in front of the shop, spraying my hubby with snow. Again, oopsie! He's SO pissed off by now that we aren't saying very nice things to each other. That could be due to the fact that he told me not to drive home and would pick me up from work, and I ignored that and drove home anyways :)
Needless to say the car stayed where it was until this morning. Nope, didn't go to work yesterday because there was ANOTHER snow storm that came through Sunday night/Monday morning and we were snowed in. Had to get the tractor and plow out the road. Here's the evidence:
This is out my windshield this morning. Those giant piles of snow were like a tunnel as I drove through them this morning.

This picture is of Gwen this morning on the way to work. The snow surrounding her was all the way across the road before we had to plow it out.

So the moral of the story is: Buy a bigger vehicle that's taller and has 4-wheel drive. I'm working on that as we speak!




It's like Idaho two weeks ago when I cried a lot trying to feed those dang horses. Now it's raining!
ReplyDeletePS Gwen is a drift bustin' fool! She just doesn't know it yet!
I think I like your Spring and Summer photos better. Much prettier then... Come see us to get warm. :)
ReplyDeleteHOLY MOLY!!! I hope this scores you a new car!!
ReplyDelete