HOLY CRAP!!!

I'll tell you what, they are NOT kidding around when they say that there's a lot of "small-town drama." You know why? Cause everything is a big deal!!! There have been several instances where stuff happened that just caused me to say, "Are you kidding me? Seriously?"
Exhibit A: A person in Culbertson got upset when myself and several others volunteered to help them with a certain project. Then they told us, "No, it can't be on your terms, it has to be on mine." Ummmm, since when did you tell me how I can volunteer? Then, they didn't tell anyone when they were doing certain things, and then got pissed when no one showed up. AND THEN, put it ALL on facebook. Multiple times. Publicly berating people for saying they would help and then did not show up. I'm sorry, I don't get up early on weekends because I like to sleep in, because oh that's right, I have a JOB during the week. This person wrote a note on FB and then tagged people in the note, making sure that they read it. Along with every other person in our small town. If you want people to support your organization, verbally lashing them in public where everyone else can see if probably the exact OPPOSITE way to get them involved. Way to go.
But it goes on. For days. They kept posting things on FB about how no one helped them, we better not want credit for the work they did, people lied to them, etc. I'm sorry, I have a full time job that requires me to work long hours some days, and I have an additional part-time job of helping on the farm. What is it that you do? Oh right, you don't work. Seriously! It finally stopped and they took the note down when I wrote them an email telling them how unprofessional it looked for the organization to be putting things up on FB like that.
Exhibit B: Other people in Culbertson do not talk to me or have given me a dirty look because of said incident above. YEP. It's true. Do I know them? No. Have I ever talked to them? No. Do they judge me based on others' perceptions? Absolutely. Do I care? Ummmmm....what do you think? :) hehehe
Exhibit C: A person is getting paid $16/hour to do a job. They aren't doing their job, and play on the internet all day long. They might do about 10 hours of work a week, yet are getting paid for 40 hours/week. Why hasn't this person been fired? The boss doesn't want to cause controversy. And because of who their parents are. SERIOUSLY. That was the answer I got when I asked why said person still had a job. Ummm, their ass would have been gone A LONG time ago if I were the boss.
I have learned in my job and living in a small town that you have to OFTEN take the high road. The damn thing might as well be paved in gold for the amount of times I have taken it since I moved here. You hear of stupid things happening, people getting pissed for no reason and have to try and just let it roll off of your back. It's HARD sometimes, especially when people specifically target me personally. Then I just have to remember: I have been out on my own. I moved away from home, experienced life, got a degree, traveled some, and have MUCH more important things to worry about than small things. You cannot get caught up in the pettiness of it all, or it WILL consume you. I also find that the ones who always say they hate the drama are the ones who constantly seem to be at the center of it. I say to myself, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
I just have one thing left to say:

Thanks. You're a peach.




No comments:
Post a Comment