Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, January 28, 2013

Checking In-Weekly Goals

Picture of the Cherry Creek Church on my way home last Thursday.

Good Monday morning lovelies! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was spent watching our cousin play basketball, spending some times working, going to church and some reading.

So an update for you on the ol' weight loss...I lost 1 pound within the last week! That brings my total weight loss to 41 pounds! I'm not gonna lie though, I struggled last week. On Tuesday I told Patrick that I was going to need a cheat day coming up. He asked why and I said, "Cause if I don't I can feel a binge coming on." Like, wanting to eat a whole bag of chips, a whole chocolate cake from Costco, and two bologna sandwiches on white bread kind of binge.

I mean, I had been under my daily calorie goal for ten days in a row which is practically a world record. So, I gave myself a cheat day on Saturday. I ate whatever I wanted, didn't feel guilty about it, and enjoyed every second of it!  

I overloaded on carbs and actually felt like crap afterwards, which is always a good reminder of why I try to eat more cleanly-cause I feel like crap when I don't!

I also struggled with the number on the scale. I know I shouldn't, but I weigh myself every day. And for several days last week, the number actually went UP by 3 pounds. Thankfully, the went back down again and showed that I did in fact lost 1 pound last week. Phew!

So here were my goals for last week:

1) NO eating out!
2) Work out 4 times
3) Drink 80 oz of water a day
4) Use MFP every day

I only met two of my goals. I did eat out-on my cheat day. We were celebrating my cousin's 18th birthday. I had several more opportunities to eat out, but either declined a lunch invitation or planned ahead for when I knew I wasn't going to be home around dinner time. I also skipped out on MFP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I know I was over my calorie goals, but I didn't totally pig out. I did meet the other two goals though-had enough water every day and worked out 4 times.

So my goals for this week are:

1) No snacks after dinner time
2) Work out 4 times
3) No refined carbs

4) Use MFP every day

The no refined carbs is going to be a killer for me. I do well eating only whole wheat bread, pasta, brown rice, etc. What this means I CAN NOT eat or drink: juice, beer, wine, tea, cookies, cake, donuts, some cereals, some breads, candy, jelly, pretzels and chips. 

My friends, I have a soft spot in my heart belly for chips and snacks. It is my downfall every. single. time. UGH. So, this will probably be my most difficult goal so far. 

How did you guys do on your goals for last week?! I'd love to hear if you came up with any goals for yourselves!

8 comments:

  1. 41lbs...that is awesome! You should be very proud of that!!!!
    Everyone needs a cheat day every once in a while.

    I like forward to following your progress. I'm on the same journey. And I have a lot to lose. My goal is 50lbs for now. I actually signed up for a dietbet. It's a $10 bet to lose 4% of your body weight in a month. Everyone who meets the bet splits the pot (it is up go $170). It starts today. You can join in if you would like!
    Here is the link to my blog post about it if your interested.
    http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com/2013/01/dietbets.html

    I need the extra motivation :)

    Congrats on your loss and I will me following along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great link up girl wether you intended it for a link up or personal use Im linking up every Monday with Weekly Goals so keep this up.
    Look at you go I know you are so proud and that is omething to be proud about. Ive been really struggling with food and especially when "Aunt Flow" comes into town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im also hosting a fun little giveaway if you have time kelliherrington.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome & congrats!!! 1 lb down & better then up! I'm making goals this week too! Getting in the gym at least 3 times & using MFP! (Guess I better get on that this morning!) Good luck this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've sucked this month at using MFP! I really do so much better when I use it! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you thought about using an herbal supplement or a protein powder? Jason suggests a Casein protein (whey protein is for bulking up, casein is for weight loss) powder. Mix it with a little milk and it can be used as a snack or mix it in with a breakfast shake. He also suggested an herbal supplement its True Essentials Crave Control, or you could try Raspberry Ketones as suggested by Dr Oz. Just a thought, i decided not to do the powder but started taking the supplement yesterday, i will keep you posted with how it works.

    ReplyDelete