So the first thing I did was a cool idea...or so I thought.
Using shower curtain rings on a hanger to keep all of your scarves organized. Awesome, right?!
WRONG
You see how the weight of the scarves is making the hanger bend in the middle? Well I swear in the picture above, those shower curtain rings must be glued in place. Because when I put my scarves on the hanger, they started to weigh down the middle, and one side or the other of the hanger...and then alllll of the other scarves would slide with it.
And then while trying to get the scarves off of the rings, some of the rings came open, then broke. And some of my scarves that were knitted or had any sort of fringe or threads hanging off of it would get snagged in the clasp of the shower curtain ring.
I eventually gave up, took the rings off of the hanger, and just put my scarves back on the hanger by themselves. MUCH less of a headache, and when I want one scarf I just grab it off of there without each of the other scarves sliding down to one side.
PINTEREST FAIL!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This other one however...turned out amazing!
INGREDIENTS:
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 small onion, diced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, preferably sharp or extra sharp
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
2 1/2 to 3 cups chopped, lightly steamed or blanched broccoli
DIRECTIONS:
Simmer chicken broth and chopped onion for 15-20 minutes in a covered small saucepan, until onions are soft. Heat milk in microwave for 1-2 minutes. In a separate medium-sized stockpot, melt butter then add flour, salt and pepper. Cook together, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, then whisk in warmed milk. Stir and heat together on medium heat until soup starts to thicken, about 5-8 minutes. Add warmed chicken broth and continue to stir until well blended. Add cheeses and stir until completely melted. Stir in seamed broccoli. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve immediately in bowls or bread bowls.
I made this for my family while I was with them, and my dad actually said it was in the top 3 soups he's ever eaten in his life. His LIFE people. And my dad loves food. Especially things that involve cheese.
This recipe is SOUPER (haha!) easy, and really good. Give it a try!
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 small onion, diced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, preferably sharp or extra sharp
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
2 1/2 to 3 cups chopped, lightly steamed or blanched broccoli
DIRECTIONS:
Simmer chicken broth and chopped onion for 15-20 minutes in a covered small saucepan, until onions are soft. Heat milk in microwave for 1-2 minutes. In a separate medium-sized stockpot, melt butter then add flour, salt and pepper. Cook together, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, then whisk in warmed milk. Stir and heat together on medium heat until soup starts to thicken, about 5-8 minutes. Add warmed chicken broth and continue to stir until well blended. Add cheeses and stir until completely melted. Stir in seamed broccoli. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve immediately in bowls or bread bowls.
I made this for my family while I was with them, and my dad actually said it was in the top 3 soups he's ever eaten in his life. His LIFE people. And my dad loves food. Especially things that involve cheese.
This recipe is SOUPER (haha!) easy, and really good. Give it a try!







That stinks about the scarves! Buuut, the soup looks so yummy!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that the scarf hanger didn't work! I use a wall mounted coat hanger for scarves in my closet. And broccoli cheese soup look FAB! I will be trying this!
ReplyDeleteI had been planning to try that scarf thing, so I'm glad to hear it didn't work before I wasted my time!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
that soup looks delicious! :)
ReplyDeleteYou and your puns! That recipe sounds yummy. I'm actually posting a recipe of yours tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteI love it when I see people actually doing things they pinned on Pinterest, even if they don't always work out as advertised. Glad the soup was so yummy.
ReplyDeleteThe recipe looks really amazing!
ReplyDeletewww.modernworld4.blogspot.com
You should check out my post frpom yesterday . I did something similar!
ReplyDeleteKate
nytjerseygril.blogspot.com
I did the shower curtain thing, but I put it on an extra rod in the closet I have. I store stuff in the bottom of that closet, so it hides all the crap!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about doing the same scarf organization idea! I was worried that i would have the same problem also! I need to maybe think of a better idea.. or have pinterest think of one for me!
ReplyDelete