Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Friday, February 1, 2013

Flip On/Off Friday!

Join me in giving a virtual flip on or flip off to the good and bad this week!



FLIP ON!

...to having my Easter dinner menu planned, along with a grocery list. Yes, it's true.

...to being published in the 2014 Healthy Cooking Cookbook! I won a contest as a runner up in Taste of Home's Health Cooking magazine, and my recipe for Southwest Breakfast Wraps will be featured in their 2014 cookbook! As a prize, I'll also get a free copy of their 2013 Health Cooking Cookbook! How awesome is that?!

...To getting our taxes done today! Come oooonnnn refund!

...To getting an unexpected payout for a crop program that I didn't even know we signed up for! Woop woop! 

...To two of my favorite boys, all snuggled up





...to being THAT much closer to summertime!

...to already planning my garden, what I'm going to plant, ordering seeds, etc.

...to planning a booth for the Festival of the Arts held here, and selling some Pinterest-inspired items! 

...to having only a mere 60 days until the book Walking Disaster comes out! Eeeee!!!!

...to some of my friends who have some amazing things going on in their lives. I'm so happy for them! 

...to my brother coming over to Eastern Montana and working! I'm excited to have him close again.

FLIP OFF! 

...to people just saying some downright, awful, terrible things. On the internet. For everyone to see. 

...to having some pizza from the local awesome pizza place, that was not so awesome this time. Boo. If I'm going to cheat on my diet, I want it to be worth it!

...to the -40 degrees we had this week. You can say it...holy shit! That's so cold, that when you go outside and breathe in through your mouth, you cough because the air is so cold. But if you breathe through your nose, the inside of your nostrils stick together. No, I'm not kidding. 

...to myself, for buying thank you cards to write for my Christmas gifts, but never actually filling them out and sending them....#lame

...to the stack of papers from the past year and a half that I need to file...yep. Year and a half.

...to not actually having the time to make all of the recipes on my Pinterest board. Or the money to buy all of the clothes on my Pinterest board...or the house, the wedding, etc...lol.


Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cook book deal! I hate when I get my hopes up on good food and it turns out to be nasty. It just ruins my mood! -40? Holy shit is right! The coldest I've experienced it -24 in Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Getting published in a cookbook is SO cool! You are practically famous ;) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to come visit me. Z pizza will set you right again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh about your Christmas card thank yous not being done... I am going to finish mine as soon as I get off the computer!!!

    ReplyDelete