I think I did REALLY well on my goals from last week, since I traveled for 8 days!
As far as any weight gain goes...I only gained 2 lbs, which was better than I thought I'd do. I do however feel a little more "fluffy" than when I left.
Last week my goals were:
1) Drink 80 oz of water a day.
2) Eat at cleanly as possible.
3) 4 servings of fruit and veggies a day.
4) Log into MFP every day.
I definitely drank enough water each day. It helps that with my conference registration they gave us 2 free bottles of water in our rooms, and the conference had plenty of beverage stations for us throughout the day.
Considering I ate out for every meal, I did eat pretty clean. The breakfast they served had fruit every day. Lunch I usually tried to order something with lots of veggies included on it, and tried to watch my carb intake at each meal. Did I go over calories? Not every day, but most days I did. But I didn't totally let myself go, which is EASY to do.
There were a couple other people here from Eastern Montana and I had dinner with them one night. We talked about how refreshing it is to see different things on a menu besides steak, pizza and burgers (which is standard at almost every restaurant in our small towns). The reason its hard to not get out of control, is that we have SO many more options when we travel to larger cities! How can you say no to all of this stuff?!
I did SO good at the beginning of the week...and then my best friend got there. There were lots of happy hours, appetizers and wine consumed.
It's hard, let me tell ya. But I can gladly say I did get 4 servings of fruit and veggies in each day. I made sure to have a V8 handy in case I needed some extra. By the end of the week, I didn't even try bothering with MFP. I knew I was over my limit, and didn't really want to get super depressed about it, so I just ignored it! Ha ha
And one other thing that I was SUPER proud of myself for doing-I worked out....TWICE. I decided to make that a goal while I was here. To work out at least 2 times. I figured the walking around Capital Hill, and all of our walking on our sightseeing days at the end of the week helped too. I got there early Sunday afternoon, and thought that was a perfect time to work out. I went again Monday night, and felt really proud of myself for doing that. YAHOO!
Tell you what, if you can stick to your health goals while on vacation, you can do anything. I'm thinking about climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro next. Actually probably not. Or ever.
So...my goals for this week!
1) Stay under my calorie goal 5 out of 7 days
2) Work out 3 times (I have a really busy week with several late nights, so this might be a hard one)
3) Drink 80 oz of water every day
4) Log into MFP every day




That's awesome that you only gained 2 lbs while out of town!!! Keep up the good work!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!!!!1 I am trying to increase my veggies. Last night we had burgers with carrots instead of french fries. I didn't eat a bun because i had bread at lunch so i didn't want to eat to much of it.
ReplyDeleteOh you should definitely join #projectmilf...every Thursday...great job on your goals. Let me know and I will add you to the mailing list!
ReplyDelete