Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, February 18, 2013

Washington D.C. Recap

Finally, my post from Washington D.C.!

Spent a day at the Capital talking to our state legislators

This is Jeannette Rankin, the first female elected to congress. She was from Montana.

A table that was used by President Lincoln to sign a very important paper...of which I can't remember because I was being yelled at by the security guard because apparently it's illegal to take pictures in here?

And then my best friend Stef showed up on Wednesday, and then the fun began!

Then we started being touristy on Saturday, and explored downtown. I took this picture with the EPA sign, because I'm just really not a big fan of some of the rules they come up with for farmers and ranchers. Like, we cause too much dust to go in the air when we drive our tractors through our fields? 

Hey, let me know how starvation works out for you...

It was only theeeeees big....hahaha

The White House...thanks a lot Obama...

Vietnam Memorial

Lincoln Memorial

I love this picture I got


 Korean War Memorial. This one was eerie...the looks on these statues' faces was almost real. You could just see the fear and terror in their eyes.

And by far, the most moving place I visited the whole time. Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. 



Overall I loved D.C., and can't wait to go back! There is still SO much I wanted to see that I didn't get a chance to go to.

Have you been to DC? Any other places I should go?

6 comments:

  1. I love DC! I haven't been in years but, it's definitely a top spot on my list to go back to! Looks like you had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. I absolutely love DC!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to DC 2 summers ago for FFA and It was by far the most amazing trip I probably will ever go on! DC was such an awsome place with so much history. I went to all the places you mentioned and it brought back so many memories from my trip. You were lucky enough to get to see the reflecting pool filled with water. When I went it was under repair for the first time since they built it (just my luck). You also mentioned that you couldn't take pictures in certain places in the capitol a friend of mine took a picture down this hallway and this gaurd came by yelled at him and made him delet the pic and said that there was something important going on in the room. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

    Erin
    http://diariesfromthedirtroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looked like so much fun and I agree with you one on the EPA this is where I need to take my nect vacay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so amazing. I've always wanted to visit DC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iwo Jima memorial! and the play Shear Madness at the Jefferson Center (I think that is what it is called) and though not technically in DC....the Naval Academy. I love all the monuments at night too! amazing when they are all lit up!

    ReplyDelete