Linking up with Amber and Amanda for Say My Name-A one time link up to give the story of why I named my blog Prairie Princess.
So...the reason I started blogging in the first place came from my cousin Lacey, who was my inspiration in documenting my life on the ol' internet. I had followed her blog for a little while, and thought she put the coolest stuff on hers!
I finally took the plunge after a trip to California to visit my fam...see, I was born in Los Angeles and lived there until I was 10 years old. My family moved to Montana, which was practically a galaxy away...or at least it seemed like it to me and the rest of my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. in CA.
Now that move was one thing...but when I married a cowboy and moved into the middle of a 10,000 acre farm and ranch...that was a whole different thing!
So while I was on this CA adventure in 2010, I had almost all of my family members asking me questions about farming, ranching, and living in the middle of nowhere. I answered questions about pulling calves out of cows, driving tractors, using an outhouse as a bathroom, and if we had running water and electricity. Just kidding about that last part...kind of.
So that's when I decided to start my blog. The name Prairie Princess just sort of came to me I guess. I was starting to be obsessed with the Pioneer Woman at the time, and thought that I wanted a name somewhat like hers, in case I ever got famous. Not kidding.
I live on the Prairie, so that was easy. And for this neck of he woods, I would have maybe considered myself a bit of a diva when I came out here. So Princess was a fitting name. Therefore...Prairie Princess.
I've thought of changing it, but really haven't come up with anything amazing. And now with the new blog design that looks so great, I don't really want to change it! Maybe when I'm 40, if I'm still blogging, I'll have to change it to Queen of the Prairie or something.
How did your blog get its name? Link up, buttercup!





I love the name of your blog! It explains so much about you, and who doesn't want to be referred to as a Princess?
ReplyDeleteI want to hear more about you having an outhouse, running water, and electricity. Did you really start out that way in Montana? I won't lie, growing up my parents had some property on the river that had an outhouse! haha! I like your blog name, I think that's why I couldn't help you come up with another name lol!
ReplyDeletethe name fits really well and love the header. that must have been one of a kind transition!
ReplyDeletefound you through the link up!
Love this! Found your blog through Amanda's. Love it!
ReplyDeletei love your blog name! and your blog design! i love it all lol :)
ReplyDeleteI love the blog name so cute and creative! And your below post is to die for this girl loves me so some country music :)
ReplyDeletestopping by from the link up
http://sheerserendipity28.blogspot.com/
Haha, you could totally be famous like The Pioneer Woman! Your blog name is adorable. Thanks for linking up :)
ReplyDeleteNew follower! I have always wanted to live on a farm. Congratulations on your weight loss too!
ReplyDeleteLove your blogging story! Might have to link up with you in the next week or so on this!
ReplyDelete