This project I found on Pinterest has probably been my most favorite that I've found on there to date!
Here is the original inspiration:
So to make it a little more personalized, I went out and took pictures of things around our farm to get the letters. Then I went shopping at good ol' Hobby Lobby, and got my list of supplies:
- Rustic picture frame
- Burlap for the background
- Paper for the background
- Mod Podge for the pictures
It spells out our last name, Hackley, if you couldn't tell :) Overall, it isn't as "clean" looking as the original inspiration, but let's be honest...there's really nothing clean about living on a farm/ranch in the country, so I think it suits us rather well :)
The cool part was, Patrick wasn't home when I finished it, so when he saw the final product on Christmas morning, he knew EXACTLY where each of these pictures was taken! The thing I love most about this, is that it is so personalized to our family. Not just random pictures, but pictures from around our farm. Doesn't get much better than that!
Not only did I give him this for Christmas, but I made one for my parents, his parents, his grandparents, and his two sets of aunts and uncles. They all loved it and thought it was so creative!I chose to do ours in color, but all of theirs were in black and white, or sepia color.
It was a fun project, and not too expensive to do! I think each of them cost me around $25 to make.
Come link up and join the fun!







Love it! I've thought about doing something similar for us but, just haven't yet! Yours turned out great & awesome idea for gifts!
ReplyDeleteI like your version way better than the pin! love the rustic look!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your take on this! I have one in my house! The pictures were taken all around Charleston, SC! You did a great job girl! I love your photog skills!
ReplyDeleteI love this!! And lvoe that you did it with farm and ranch pictures. It's better than the original!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
Looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty neat!!
ReplyDelete