So.....
Last week's goals:
1) No snacks after dinner time
2) Work out 4 times
3) No refined carbs
4) Use MFP every day
Let's just say that these goals were a bit difficult for me. I chose them because I wanted to challenge myself, but I found that when I didn't meet some of them I just got discouraged. First of all, the whole refined carbs thing went out the window on the second day. I had some Rold Gold pretzels after dinner one night. So there it goes, two goals in one fateful evening.
And as I look at my list, I see that the two things I failed at were when I was limiting myself. And the goals I actually met were something that I had to make an effort to do, and actually DOING something. So maybe that's the key for me? I dunno.
So...my goals for this week will probably be a lot harder since I'm traveling. I'm going to try and take it easy on myself since it's a lot harder to do this stuff while traveling, and at a conference nonetheless.
1) Drink 80 oz of water a day.
2) Eat at cleanly as possible.
3) 4 servings of fruit and veggies a day.
4) Log into MFP every day.
The water part will be necessary since most of the foods I'll be eating will probably be higher in sodium than I'm used to eating. And when I travel, I tend to grab a bag of chips or crackers, and some sort of candy to just snack on while I fly or sit in the airport. This is a hard one for me, so hopefully I'll do ok. I might even try to pack some stuff ahead of time for snacks so this doesn't happen. And regardless if I'm going to be over my calories or not, I still NEED to log them. Hopefully that will help keep more accountable for what I do eat!
Oh! And while I'm there, my best friend from Texas is flying in to visit! Remember this from a couple months ago?
She has an aunt that lives in DC, so after my conference is over Thursday, we'll be spending some time sightseeing and having fun around the city! So far I think all I have is the Washington Monument, the Holocaust Museum, one of the Smithsonians, the Lincoln Memorial and the White House. I'm spending a whole day at the Capital building schmoozing your state Senators for one day of my conference, so that will already be crossed off of the list.
I would LOVE to hear your recommendations!





Good luck this week! You can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's okay not to complete a goal. Sometimes that's how we learn to do it better the next time! Have fun in D.C.! It's awesome you will have a friend to site see with!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm looking for a few blogs to make over for fun! Would you be interested?
Have a wonderful time in DC!! Good luck with your goals... I really need to drink more water it's just so hard!
ReplyDelete