Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Gettin' My Sexy Back

Ok friends...I said I was going to talk more about ME on the blog, so you're gonna get it...in all of it's glory. I'm putting this out there, and I hope a couple of things: 1) That you all can hold me accountable. 2) That you will encourage me. and 3) That maybe I can inspire someone else!

So here's the deal. When Patrick and I met, I weighed about 170 lbs. I've never been a small girl by any means. I played softball for 11 years, and those girls weren't usually very "petite" if you will. But nevertheless, I was overweight. I lost 35 lbs my senior year of high school...and then college happened. I gained a little weight, but nothing too bad. When college was done, that's, when I started dating Patrick.
Like I said...no skinny minnie here:


And then shit just got outta control...I just didn't care anymore. I had a man who loved me, and I didn't watch what I ate before we got married. I gained weight. I can't tell you what I weighed when we got married, but I know that I didn't fit into my wedding dress very well. While I loooooove love love this picture and my husband looks like the hottest cowboy I've ever seen, I don't love the fact that my arm fat dominates the picture, and my dress is cutting into my back fat.


So...fast forward to 2011...I weighed my heaviest. Ready for this....227. Yep. I weighed a whopping 227 pounds.


I can't remember exactly when after this, but I think it was when we had returned from our cruise (where the pic above was taken). I couldn't do it anymore. I was unhappy with how I looked, which pretty much made me unhappy about myself overall. My marriage suffered, my self esteem was in the toilet, and I ate to cope with my feelings. Obviously, that didn't turn out pretty.

I got so sick and tired of being sick and tired with how I felt. So I did something about it. It's been a sloooowwwww process, but I'm glad to see that I've lost 40 pounds! I now weigh 187. The day that I was under 200 pounds was a HUGE day for me!

 I know, 40 pounds in 2 years doesn't seem like that much. But I'll tell you this...it was a lifestyle change. I no longer eat whatever I want whenever I want it. If I do happen to have a bad day, I'll jump right back on the bandwagon. I make healthier choices, and I try to stay more active. Of course I sometimes fall off course, but I have gotten back on after a short break.

Here is the latest full-length picture of myself:


And I want to say I've lost about 7-8 lbs since this picture was taken. I FEEL so much better about myself, and am a lot more confident in myself. My goal right now is to get to 170. If I decide I'm ok with that, then I'll stay there. But if I want to keep going, I'll keep going. It still seems like a far way off, but I've got 17 lbs to go. In the grand scheme of things, 17 isn't that many to go since I've already lost 40! And I can tell you that I weigh less than I did when we got married, because I'm fitting into jeans that didn't fit when we got married!

Something that I can help credit this weight loss to is the myfitnesspal app. It definitely holds you accountable! I stopped using it for a little while because I thought I'd be ok since I knew how many calories were in the things that I ate. I never ate a lot of anything, but I'd take lots of small bites here and there. And wouldn't you know, when I finally did start adding it up, I was over my calorie limit! If you look on the right hand side of my page, you'll see my MFP counter that shows all of the weight I lost. It only says 29 lbs lost on there right now because I started MFP after I'd lost some weight. If you want to join on my journey, come find me! My username is nicoledhackley.

So I'm telling you guys all of this for the 3 reasons above. How about you? Did you lose a bunch of weight? Want to? I'll help encourage you the best that I can! I look forward to sharing what my meal plans look like, how I exercise and what else I do to try to keep up the hard fight!


17 comments:

  1. Holy hot chick!!!! You look amazing!! And you can totally kick that last 17 pounds' ass! What's your timeline to try to lose it in?

    I just got caught up with your last few posts! I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole you look awesome & you're doing such a great job!!! You look so much happier in your last picture too! Keep it up! I know you can kill this last 17 lbs!!! & thanks for the reminder, I need to get back on MFP too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole! You look great! In 20122 I weighed my max too! Ugh! What a horrible feeling! Granted I've only lost 20lbs since then, I still feel better about it! I'm on a mission to lose a whole lot more! I'm doing it in increments so it is an easier goal for me to obtain! Any advice you wanna share with me? (I'm adding you to MFP right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That took a lot of courage to share. You look amazing! Hard work definitely pays off. Proud of you! I can't wait to see more updated photos of you with your sexy back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, you sexy lady! You look amazing! Thank you so much for you honesty too! I can totally relate to this on so many levels--especially since having two kids ;) I've lost 19 lbs. since October and I owe itall to portion control, exercising, and joining a biggest loser group on Facebook which helped me be accountable to someone other than myself.

    Keep up the good work, you deserve it!

    Love ya, halz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I can really relate to the first part of your story and this year I've decided to do something about it! I just started this week, so thanks for sharing your story. I definitely needed to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this! I relate to your story a lot! You have given me extra motivation to continue fighting to get down to my goal weight. I love your blog, so happy you are back and can't wait to read more about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look SOO happy in your latest picture, and you KNOW I love your outfit!!! I applaud you majorly, girlfran! Losing weight is really hard to do, and 40 pounds is amazing to have worked off!! Cheers to you. I've been exercising at least five days a week and strive to eat healthier. Drinking wine with my girlfriends is seriously one of my biggest downfalls...but then again, I cherish those nights, so it just means that I need to exercise a little bit more to make up for them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow congratulations, you look awesome! you definitely got your sexy back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! You look amazing and you've made huge strides!! If I can be of any help let me know!! I've got some yummy healthy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh---you look awesome! I am so impressed that you did this! It's great! I am on MFP too, I'll add you now!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look FABULOUS! Congrats, you deserve it for working at it!! I look forward to more of these posts! You've already inspired me! We leave for our cruise in a few weeks and I'm hoping to feel gooooooood when I'm in my suit :) XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fabulous!!! Just absolutely amazing! Like I said, before you look HOT in your profile picture!! You are such a pretty lady inside and out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl oh girl you look smokin hot. Congrats on all of the hard work. I love that you found me on my fitness pal and hope to continue to keep it up I usually do it for a day or 2 them a month later the same thing but I have gain so much in the last year Ive got to do something and this tory is so encouaging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Nicole! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Nicole you are amazing! And you definitely look amazing too! Great job! I added you to my fitness pal right away! You are great motivation and I would love to help motivate you too. I am struggling to loose the baby weight I gained with Charlotte and still have about 12lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I do well for a few days to a week and then fall off again. What have you been doing for exercise? Do you do workout videos at home or do you have access to a gym?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see you posting once again. I always enjoy reading your blog. You look great!

    ReplyDelete