Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life Lately

I like doing these little life updates once in awhile, because sometimes I feel like I just put random stuff on my blog and you guys don't actually know what I do in my day to day life. Or that you care? Not sure, but my stats tell me people still read my blog so I must be doing something right!

Per the usual, Patrick has had long days working on the farm and hauling grain. That's just the way things go these days. We are starting to see the fields change from green to golden, which means harvest is coming up. Which means we have a LOT of hay to put up in between now and then. 

Last weekend my best friend came to stay with us for a night. We went to a little local festival. I use that term loosely, because the festival at night is really nothing more than a big drunk fest where they block of a section of the street and people can walk from bar to bar. Patrick and my friend had a lot of fun. I was there for work purposes and getting paid, so I was the driver :)


Sunday was spent relaxing and napping, and moving some cows to a different field for the rest of the summer. 

Yesterday, we had our cousin and 2 of his friends come down to help us put up about 2 miles of fence. I work in town, so when they called me to get an attachment for our skid steer, I called and got everything set up, met them at the rental yard and got that taken care of. Then had to call our local USDA office to call about some other paperwork we need. Thankfully my boss is really great about letting me do this stuff during work hours. 

Later I'm informed that I will need to feed these 3 extra boys for the next 3 days, in addition to my  husband and brother that I usually feed too. So off to the store after work for me. I get home and hit the door running. I make blueberry muffins for breakfast, rice krispies and no bake cookies for snacks, then wash a bunch of fruit so they aren't eating just crap food. 

After all of that, I start to cook dinner and make sure they're all fed when they come in at 7:30 p.m. After that, I decide that I need to detail my pickup, because my family is coming next week and my pickup is filthy on the inside. So while they're eating, I clean my pickup. I clean up dinner, then start making lunches for the 5 of them for the next day so I don't have to do it in the morning.


After that, Patrick and I go over to talk to his parents about regular old farm stuff. It's 9:30 p.m. and I'm finally eating my dinner.  Come home and in bed at 11 p.m.

And this morning I got myself ready for work, made sure they had breakfast stuff ready for them, and packed their lunch and snacks for the day. 

I mentioned that my family is coming next week-my mom, grandma, niece and brother's girlfriend. Which means I need to deep clean my house so it's presentable, and why I needed to clean my pickup. They'll be here Monday, and we have a wedding to drive to this weekend-thankfully just for the day. Half the weekend is shot, which means I have to do little stuff each night to get my house ready. 

I'm exhausted just thinking about everything that has to get done each night this week, but I'm taking it one day at a time. Say it with me, "I think I can! I think I can!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm tired just thinking about all of this! I don't know how you got it all done! Good work!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET ER DONE! You go girl! I feel like I'm running like this all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the same boat! We've got this!!

    ReplyDelete