I realized I hadn't posted a recipe on here in awhile, and I actually got my butt into the kitchen and did some cooking last week. I made this super easy, very delish pan of White Chicken Enchiladas and thought I'd share! I attempted to be a food blogger, so I took a couple pictures of the process. HA!
The recipe calls for shredded chicken, but it was just easier for me to dice it so that's what I did.
And once the chicken is done cooking, add 1 cup of the cheese and mix together. Then add
1/4 cup of that mixture into a tortilla and place into a greased 13x9 pan.
Then you make the sauce! Yum! Butter, flour, chicken broth, sour cream, green chilies.
Dump the sauce over enchiladas, and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake it, then the last 3 minutes broil to get the cheese on top to turn a delicious crispy brown color! And voila-you're done! Patrick ate half the pan, so it's safe to say he likes them.
**I did make one change from the original recipe: I use 8 tortillas instead of 10, because if I used 10 there would hardly be any chicken inside each of them. Since there's only 2 of us eating, I elected to make less enchiladas instead of just adding more chicken.
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 8soft taco shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.




I've heard these are the bomb diggity, but I haven't tried them! It's a must for sure!
ReplyDeleteThose look really yummy!
ReplyDeleteim looking for new recipes and this looks and sounds delicious!!
ReplyDeleteI do believe I will be trying these out soon!
ReplyDeleteYum I was going to make regular enchiladas tonight, but I just might have to make these instead!
ReplyDeleteOMG! I gotta try these. You always have the best recipes. Always!
ReplyDelete