That night we got ready and headed to the Wild Horse Stampede for the annual rodeo. Part of this rodeo is what's called a Wild Horse Race, which I have posted a video of before.
Is it just me, or do other people get choked up when soldiers come out holding a flag and the national anthem plays? Maybe it was just me in this case...but all of these soldiers carrying the flag this year weren't able to come to the rodeo last year, because they were all deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I promise, you do NOT want to miss this video! Basically, they round up 6 wild horses and there are 6 teams of 3 people. The object is to get a saddle on the horse, and have a team member ride the horse to a designated spot in the arena. All three nights this took place, the horses won each night. Also, no people or horses were injured. It gets pretty crazy, but the horses were totally fine afterwards.
Saturday morning I got up bright and early to make the drive to Billings for a wedding of one of my sorority sisters. I got to town early afternoon, did some furniture shopping and headed to the venue.
The happy couple!
Who needs wedding cake these days when you can have a giant tower of cupcakes! By the way, the wedding food was fantastic, which I think we can all agree makes a wedding THAT much better!
Let me explain the giant goblet the bride is holding in this crazy picture...at our sorority weddings, it's tradition for the girls to get the bride a goblet and decorate it. Usually we use puff paint and ribbon in our sorority's colors. We just put our letters and the couple's name and wedding date on it. I still have mine 5 years later!
Me, Kim, Emily and Emily. Both Emily's and I were roommates in the sorority house.
Waiting to give her the goblet
Kim and Emily enjoying the cupcakes...and right after this pic the top of the cupcake fell off onto the sidewalk :( Party foul!
Me and my Emily :)
Sunday morning we all had brunch together and then I hit the road home. As soon as I got home at 4, I took a 2 hour nap, and then went to bed at 10 and go another 8 hours of sleep! Needless to say I was pretty exhausted after 3 long days of fun!
Hope you guys all had a great weekend as well!









What a fun time! That goblet is an awesome idea! Too cool!
ReplyDeleteSo fun about your sorority tradition! & Yes, I ALWAYS get choked up when I hear the national anthem! Doesn't matter where we're at or anything... just something about it gets to me every. single. time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend!! So glad you had such a good time. And that video? Hilarious. What a fun rodeo event!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
Your hair looks really awesome!!! Did you lighten it, or are you one of those people who turn blonde out in the sun?
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend!!!! That video is great! And for me, the national anthem alone chokes me up but put some soldiers out there HOLDING a flag - done for!!! I'll have to share the story of the MLB All Star game I went to - ugh, I was a mess!
ReplyDeleteHave a super Monday my dear!
I'm the same - I always get choked up when hearing the national anthem or seeing flags with our troops.
ReplyDeleteCupcakes > cake. For sure. I love when weddings have cupcakes instead!
Okay, I love your dress. I get choked up at that too. And the bride's dress is amazing!!
ReplyDelete