Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Goodies

I do Christmas baking every year, which usually takes up a whole day for me. The tradition came from my mom, sisters and I going to my aunt's house when we all lived in California and baking with my cousins. The memory is pretty vague, but I remember thinking I had a lot of fun and wanted to do it every year! I baked during high school, during college, and still do to this day.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get it done this year, hoping that I would have a child by now...but wouldn't you know it, I got it all done! haha. 

So the goods...here is a list of the things I made this year:


Lemon Blossoms
Almond Brittle
Raspberry Almond Braid
Chex Muddy Buddies
Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Cinnamon Apple Streusel Bars


The Lemon Blossoms recipe I got from Pinterest. It's a Paula Deen recipe, and it did NOT disappoint! It was probably my favorite thing that I made this year.

The Raspberry Almond Braid was a recipe from a family member, and I wasn't too fond of it so I won't be making that again. It was good, just not my thing. The Almond Brittle is like crack and I could eat a whole pan of it. The Muddy Buddies are always a crowd favorite and I was more than happy to eat a lot of those :) The Pecan Shortbread cookies were good, but a little boring for me. I'm not a huge fan of shortbreads. The Oatmeal Raisin cookies were Patrick's favorite. I can't remember where I got the recipe, but here it is:



The Cinnamon Apple Streusel Bars are also a favorite of mine and I've made them many times. I have that recipe for you guys too-it's out of a holiday baking recipe book that my mom has.



 Did you guys do any baking this year? What did you make?

5 comments:

  1. That is my handwriting on the Oatmeal recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the area where I grew up, all the neighbor ladies would bake and all the men (sometimes the wives too) would load up in their pick ups to deliver them before Christmas. The candy was always great, but even better was getting visits from everyone in the neighborhood over the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you posted the recipes as pictures. :o)

    I actually love shortbread cookies - they're some of my favorites! And really, who doesn't like Muddy Buddies?! Great job on these. Everything looks top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No baking for me. I just would have eaten them ALL. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl this looks so good. I am thinking about having a baking day and giving those as teacher gifts etc hope as is well

    ReplyDelete