Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, December 16, 2013

Nope, No Baby Yet

I'm getting impatient...baby is due Thursday and I'm ready. I made all sorts of plans this weekend hoping that I'd have to cancel them. Nope! We had a great weekend full of fun stuff!

First, we got to dogsit for a friend of ours. She is a border collie named Gunnison Rose, or Gunner for short. She is a super sweet dog and Smoke really loved having her around.


Friday night Patrick went and spent some time with his uncle and cousin, so I stayed home and started my Christmas baking. I finished the rest of it Saturday morning. I'll have all of the recipes for you on Wednesday!


Saturday afternoon was also full-we helped my brother move into a little townhouse in Culbertson. Well, they moved stuff and I supervised.


Saturday afternoon Patrick took me to look at some new couches that he had seen at a local furniture store. We've had the same couch and recliner in our living room since we started living together in 2007. So I went with him to see this living room set, and loved it! We bought it at 2pm and it was delivered and set up in our living room by 4:30 that same day. That's the service you get when you buy local! We bought a couch, love seat with center console and recliner. It's brown leather and the couch and love seat recline. We love love love them!!


We decided we will rearrange the living room once all of the Christmas stuff is down. My brother really lucked out because he got our old furniture, which helped him out a lot moving into his townhouse this weekend. 

Every year towards the middle of December, We go with Patricks parents to a nice dinner, then drive around town looking at all of the Christmas lights. I think they mostly just indulge me in my desire to do this, but I'd like to think they enjoy it a little bit too :) Here is our picture from the night.


Sunday we drove around to deliver the baked goody trays to some of our friends, then my husband about had a coronary watching the Packer game. It gets pretty intense on Sundays in our house!

How was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Ahh! Can't wait for the big "baby is here" announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! The last of the baby bump pictures!!! I'm sooo excited for y'all! Crossing my fingers he comes by Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriuoslt do not look like you are about ready to pop.so cute! So my hubby is thinking about heading over there this weekend to finally pick up his truck. Do you guys have any snow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leather will be perfect to clean up all that baby mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gunner looks so sweet! I love border collies. I can't wait for your recipes! Your new furniture looks great!! Annnd, you look FABULOUS for being just ready to pop out a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was JUST thinking that I hadn't heard an update from you in awhile and thought maybe, just maybe, you were in labor or had already had the baby. But no....guess he's all nice and comfy in there. That's what you get for making him such a nice home! :o)

    I can't believe you baked all those goodies! They look yummy! But at this point, I don't think anyone would begrudge you demanding everyone make goodies for YOU instead of the other way around!

    So what's the plan if he doesn't come by Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, you need to walk, walk, walk, and walk some more! Get that baby boy going girl! Bounce up and down! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean Patrick didn't hold out for one of these sweet recliners? http://www.wtop.com/681/3247654/Refill-you-beer-without-leaving-your-seat-VIDEO

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so close!! My sister is pregnant too. She had a sonogram at 38 weeks and the baby is already measuring over 9 pounds. The doctor suggested a c-section for her. So I get a new nephew the 27th or 28th!!! I can’t wait. And I can’t wait to see pictures of your baby!!! Love your new couches. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear that baby has come!! So close {if not already}!

    ReplyDelete