Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, December 9, 2013

Low Key Weekend

As you can probably imagine, I'm not doing a whole lot these days, other than relaxing and spending time at home. People say that at the end of pregnancy you start to nest...I can't really say that I have felt any of that. I've had a lot of time at home so naturally I've done a better job at keeping up on dishes and laundry. Especially after working 2 days from home last week! But nothing crazy like scrubbing the walls or any deep cleaning.

Now a quick side note...I know a lot of the US has been dealing with artic temperatures. But I saw a couple of my FB friends post something about how Montana had the coldest weather in EARTH last week. That's right...colder than the South Pole. Yes, Montana is for badasses. Or really crazy people. 

This was without the wind chill, which put temps at -45 or so. 

So what does a low-key weekend look like for me? Friday, I went to a Christmas craft bizarre. It was ok, but didn't really really have anything I was looking for. I ended up only buying a couple jars of canned jellies and jam.

Saturday morning I woke up early...didn't even sleep in. Patrick ended up spending about 6 hours outside getting the cows' water unfrozen. He was frigid by the time he came back in, so I made up some yummy beef stew for him...one of his favorites. It's the Pioneer Woman's recipe and I highly recommend it. Saturday night we stayed in as well.

Sunday morning I was up early again, and decided to cook Patrick breakfast in bed. He deserved it after his day outside on Saturday. I cooked up scrambled eggs with cheese, homemade hash browns, bacon, toast, blueberry muffins and orange juice. 


Yum!! After that we headed to church, then home to watch football for the rest of the day. Anybody else watch that crazy Vikings/Ravens game??? I napped, made more blueberry muffins, then cooked chicken Parmesan for dinner, which is also one of Patricks favorites.


To say I'm counting down the days for baby to arrive is an understatement...10 days until due date...

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Hurry up Puppy Marshmallow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were productive! Sounds like a nice weekend.
    Our weekend was cold (not as cold as YOURS!!!!!!!!!) but nice.
    Hang in there 10 days will go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for the baby to arrive! And so excited I live nowhere that it can get to -21 degrees. Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How DO you keep the cow's water unfrozen in temps like that? I had a hard time keeping two water buckets unfrozen and our temps weren't even NEAR that cold! That would be annoying!

    9 days now....woohooo!

    ReplyDelete