One thing that is particularly convenient having my birthday on October 25th, is that it begins my countdown to Christmas! It's exactly 2 months after my birthday! I start decorating my home for fall in the beginning of September, and if it was up to me, we could skip Halloween altogether and just jump straight into Christmas decorating! Which I do, by the way. All of my fall decorations are still up, but not for long! Even my husband knows that it's almost time for Christmas decorations. And it's good that the weather is still nice for when he puts up the Christmas lights :)
I don't know where my love, again let me emphasize LOVE of Christmas season came from. There's just something about it that gets me all giddy inside, like a kid. I used to BEG my mom to let us put up decorations the day after Thanksgiving. She always said that if we cleaned the whole house, we could put stuff up.
When I went away to college, I would come home on weekends in December and write out my mom's Christmas cards to everyone, and decorate the house. We always used to go hunting for our perfect Christmas tree in the mountains. And when I say "hunting" I'm not joking either. Our chainsaw broke one year and so we had to shoot our Christmas tree down. No joke. And since my parents have a huge vaulted ceiling in their house, we used to get GIGANTIC trees! Like 17-20 feet tall. It was AWESOME. I about cried my little heart out last year when my parents said they were going to buy a FAKE tree. I told them they couldn't, or else I wasn't coming home for Christmas. So, they went and bought one from a tree lot. Not the same as getting your own, but at least it's real!
Living in Eastern MT where there are not many trees, hunting for our own is out of the question. I am left waiting for the ONE tree lot that brings trees in. Unfortunately they don't share my enthusiasm for Christmas, so I only get to have my tree up for 3 weeks. Sad.
BUT, I estimate my decorations will start going up in about a week and a half :) Meanwhile, I've already started playing Christmas music!! Happy Holidays!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment