Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, November 15, 2010

Hunting Success

I warn you in advance, if you don't like looking at dead animals, don't read any further! Just click that little red x up in the right-hand corner of your screen.


My dad and his buddy were visiting my hubby and I last week to go hunting. Our family owns approximately 10,000 acres here in Eastern MT, and there are a lot of deere, antelope and pheasants out here. The boys went out every day on their 4-wheelers and had quite the successful trip.

My handsome hubby's trophy mule deer.


And my dad's trophy mule deer.


They do hunting for the sport, but for the meat as well. We will be processing ours into steak and jerky, and my dad's will be made into steak, roasts, sausage, hamburger and jerky as well. If you haven't ever tried venison, I highly recommend it! It's super tasty!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful animals, not to fond of the meat! Oh well...put that head in the kitchen. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love venison!! Wish I was there to enjoy it with you! Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross. I know you warned me, but still. Ew. :)

    ReplyDelete