Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, November 1, 2010

Guest Room

I have been working on creating a new guest room in our house. It's the only finished room in our unfinished basement, and I decided I needed to furnish and decorate it so we can sleep more people! My dad and his hunting buddy are coming this weekend to go hunting for a whole week on our property. I had to have it all done by Saturday, so I finally got it finished yesterday.

It seems that if you live here in Eastern MT, you have to have a "country theme" to your house. Well, I can only do so much of that, so I decided to give our guest room a slight country feel to it. I'm not really in love with the carpet, but I figure I can add a large rug anytime.

Here goes:

I started off by painting the walls a tan color. They were all completely white to begin with. You can see my headboards and one of my pictures.


My hubby and I successfully put together these two twin beds...there was only minimal cursing and yelling involved :)


Next, I made up the beds. I got all of the bedding from JC Penney catalog!


Here's a closeup of the pillow sham:

Then, I visited my FAVORITE store EVER, Hobby Lobby, and picked up a few decorative items. The table belongs to the people who own our house, and they just wanted to put it into storage for right now. I thought, why not! It helps out with the whole country theme.


And another view, with my other hanging picture:

And one last decorative thing I added near the door:


Ta-da! A country-ish room! I still have to add some other small furniture, a lamp, and some sort of window treatment, but I'd say it's a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment