Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Monday, November 8, 2010

My Life in One Day

Soooo, when I write stories on my blog, I try to show myself and what my life is all about. Well, you all should find this kinda funny. Or at least I did.

7:00 a.m.: Wake up, get dressed up in my farm duds and start setting up stock panels in our new cow shed because we have to vaccinate our new calves. Includes poo-covered shoes, and mis-matchy clothing. But it doesn't matter what you look like as long as you stay warm.

7:30 a.m.: Riding my 4-wheeler through the fields and herding 200+ cattle.

9:30 a.m.: My husband and I leave the farm, drive into town and get a couple's massage. Yes, a massage.

11:30 a.m.: Back with the cows. Weaning the calves off of their mothers, and separating out the ones that will go to auction.

12:30 p.m.: Back herding cows in the neighbors field because some of ours escaped and ended up with his.

5:30 p.m.: Shower and getting ready for the evening.

7:30 p.m.: Annual Wine and Food Festival. I get dressed up in a fancy cocktail dress, high heels, flashy jewelry. Drink lots of wine and eat fancy gourmet foods (well, as gourmet as Sidney, MT can get!).

11:30 p.m.: Get home and have to pause in the road on the way home for 3 deer to pass in front of us.

I just thought it was a funny day, because it goes to show that I do farm stuff, yet I still manage to do things like get massages and go to fancy cocktail parties, all in the same day! Usually it's a little more spread out, but on Saturday I had it all!

More to come on the cows later.....

1 comment: