Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BEEF...it's what's for dinner.

I think most of the recipes I've shared on here are either chicken or desserts...which is kind of ironic since we raise beef on our Franch. This recipe is from the Betty Crocker cookbook my mom got when she and my dad were married THIRTY years ago. It is probably one of my favorite dishes...ever. When I went to college, the cafeteria on campus wrote home to each freshman's parents asking if there were recipes that their kids liked. All of the recipes that were sent in were compiled into a cookbook, and some were even cooked in the smallest cafeteria on campus. I chose this recipe. It was made one time, but I didn't actually get to try it-one of my friends told me about it. Whenever I came home on the weekends to visit home, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS asked my mom to cook this. Behold...

Beef Teriyaki

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs sirloin steak
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
1/4 Cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp corn starch

Directions:
Cute the beef into thin strips. Mix together oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and white wine. Mix beef into marinade. Marinate beef in mixture for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. When ready to cook, spoon beef into a frying pan to cook. Reserve 1/2 cup of the beef marinade (if there's not enough, just add water so it equals a half cup). Cook beef just until browned. Meanwhile, whisk corn starch into reserved marinade. When beef is cooked, slowly stir corn starch marinade to the beef. Bring to a simmer for 3 minutes-sauce should thicken. Serve over rice.

 (This isn't mine, but this is what it should look like)

This is SO good my friends....SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment