Well it's Friday, so you know what that means!!!
Flip On
1) Flip ON ON ON to the deer that hubs shot last night!!!
One shot and that sucker was down. He called me from the field because he forgot his knife. That turned into me holding the leg open for him to gut it. We'll take this to the meat processing plant and have jerky and bratwurst made out of it...yum!
2) Flip ON to going to the Wine and Food Festival this weekend! Every year the local hospital's foundation puts on a wine and food festival to help raise money for different hospital projects. We get dressed up, get a wine list, a commemorative wine glass, and eat yummy food catered by local restaurants, while looking at silent auction items. It's a fun time to eat good food and chat with people. Can't wait!
3) It is now only 11 days until the parentals get here :) :) :) FLIP ONNNN!!!!
4) Flip on to today being Friday. And for next week being a short week-thank you Veterans!
5) And a big flip on to gas prices here! They're down to $3.71...that's practically a miracle these days, considering we were paying $3.95 about 2 months ago. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it stays low and goes lower!
Flip OFF
1) Flip off to my sinus infection/cold. I was in bed allll weekend with a sinus cold. I walked down the hall, put in a load of laundry and was exhausted...back to bed for me. Well, I've been pumping vitamins all week, and the sinus infection still isn't gone! My nose is stuffy/runny, I have sinus pressure and my ears clog up sometimes. YUCK.
2) Flip Off to the weather forecast that says we have our first winter storm watch for tomorrow night. Better not put a damper on my party!
3) Flip Off to old buildings and their crappy electrical work. In my office we have a small kitchen. You can't run the toaster or the microwave at the same time or it will blow the breaker. My office is right next to the kitchen. I have a little space heater and if it's on and someone tries to run the microwave-again, blow the breaker. It's always a struggle in the winter time!
4) Lastly, I am sad to have to say this...Flip Off to one of Pioneer Woman's recipes. GASP!!! WhAt?!?!?! I tried the Chicken Spaghetti...not impressed. It took a long time to put together, a long time to bake, and it was just ok...I'm sad to report that this is the first one of her recipes that I have not been wowed by...I hate this feeling...lol.
Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend!!!





Woohoo!! Nice deer! That's going to be some good eatin'!
ReplyDeleteooh the deer picture...i have a sinus infection too...what's up with that?! have a great week!
ReplyDeleteMichael is soooooo Jealous of your hubby's deer! We were out camping all weekend with some of his hunting buddies and they didn't kill a thing! All the deer hang around the camp site and you aren't allowed to hunt within one mile of the campers. Good JOB!
ReplyDeleteWine and food festival?!?! That's like three of my favorite things in one sentence! :o)
ReplyDeleteOur house is the same way as far as microwaving. You can't microwave something and use the toaster at the same time. So frustrating!