Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall on the Franch

I took a couple other pictures while walking last weekend, and they show the beautiful fall colors around the franch (farm and ranch, for those of you who are newer :) ). I LOVE the color of the wheat fields:


Walking down my dirt road, with the leaves changing colors.


More wheat fields.


One of 2 dirt roads that comes from the (paved!) highway to my house. This is the mailbox where mail gets delivered exactly 3 days a week...no more, no less. That is a wheat field on the right, and a hay field on the left.


This fall has given us spectacular weather. Last year it went from a not-so-hot summer, straight into snow on September 17th (yes, I remember the day!). From there, winter did not stop, and was very unkind to us. Think I'm kidding? Check out THIS post from last winter. Since we usually go from summer straight into winter, I find myself wanting to hold onto summer for as long as possible. Which means I wear open toed shoes longer than I should, and head out of the house without a jacket, thinking that I'll just get used to it being 35 degrees in the morning.

Well, this fall I decided to change my tune. I'm EXCITED that it's fall and I am trying to embrace the nice weather and be outside as much as I can, even if I do have to wear an extra layer. It is hard though, because it's pitch black outside by 6:15 p.m., which only gives me about 45 minutes of daylight to be outside after I get home from work. I would love to go do "fall things" like pick apples, do a corn maze, go pumpkin picking...but we don't have anything like that here. Obviously, because I grow my own pumpkin patch!

What are some fall things in your area that you like to do? Anything totally fun or different?

3 comments:

  1. it looks so peaceful where you are...funny today i was driving and trying to take pictures of the changing leaves...probably not safe but it was just beautiful...so many colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you a blog award!

    http://missamandafaith.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-got-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful photos! Like magazine quality!!!

    ReplyDelete