Last week I had to stay at my in-laws' because I couldn't get to my house. My father in law plowed the road Friday night so I could get home, which was nice. I stayed in bed all day Saturday and caught up on my DVR'd episodes of CSI and NCIS. Then Sunday came.
Sunday we had a winter weather advisory for WIND. UGH. I kid you not, by Sunday morning our road was covered in 5 foot snow drifts, all the way across. The plan was for my father in law to plow over to our house and I would pack a bag and stay with them so I could get to work in the morning. Weelllllll, 6 hours later of plowing snow, he still hadn't made it the 1/2 mile to our house. I saw the tractor driving away and started to cry. Literally, he was like 200 yards from my driveway. I just wanted to get out of there.
I call hubs and tell him his dad gave up, and he brightened my day by telling me he would come get me when he got home. So 5 hours and 6 episodes of CSI later, I could see the tractor lights starting to plow the road. Then he stopped, and turned around. WHAT?!?! What the hell is he doing??? He drove back over to the farmyard and called me. He said it was going to take too long to plow the rest and he would just drive the snowmobile over so he could at least be at home with me.
Hubs got there, and that's when the meltdown happened. I start BAWLING. Sobbing, crying, whatever you want to call it. This is basically what I told him: I've been cooped up in this house ALL weekend, and can't leave if I want to. I can't stay here another day! I have to go to work tomorrow, to at least save my sanity! And how are we supposed to get out? I have to put my snowpants on and RIDE THE SNOWMOBILE to get out of my house! It's a freaking half mile to the highway, which is clear! I was going to pack 2 months worth of clothes and move into my in-laws' house and stay there for the rest of the winter!
He proceeded to tell me that it would be ok and was being all positive and shit, which just made me want to punch him in the mouth. I just wanted to be miserable.
Soooo, this morning I get ready, and decide if I'm riding the snowmobile I am going to stink like gas so I packed up a bag full of the clothes I was going to wear for the day so I could change when we got to my in-laws house. We get going on the snowmobile, going, going, going up a hill, we're sideways, LEAN! LEAN! LEAN!
CRASH.
Yes, we crashed on the snowmobile, and I landed face first in the snow. AWESOME. Then hubs says we can't get on the snowmobile while we're going uphill because it will get stuck. So he rides to the top of the hill, and I trudge through 3 feet of snow. It's SO hard to walk, that I just start crawling. And crying. UGH. I finally make it to the top of the hill and we have no other problems. I get changed and thankfully my mother in law stayed home today from work and I drove her car in.
My sanity is REALLY going. Please pray for me! We still have another 2 months of this shit, so I'm gonna need all the help I can get! Here are some pics of the snow and tractor getting stuck:







Well...you could move back to ID!
ReplyDeleteThis is why I prefer things like civilization. :)
ReplyDelete