I'm pretty sure you all think that I live in the middle of nowhere. But I can promise you that I do not. You wanna know how I know this? Because last night I went to the middle of nowhere, and it was not my house.
So for those of you who aren't friends with me on the ol' FB, my hubby and I have had quite the debacle trying to get to our house. We've been snowed out, then snowed in, then snowed out again, all within the last week. UGH. We FINALLY got to go home last night. And instead of having a nice relaxing evening at home, we decided to go to the middle of nowhere.
Hubs says, "Our neighbors traded in a tractor and I told them I was coming to get it tonight. I need you to drive me there and follow me back home." And like the good Prairie Princess that I am, I'm like, "Sure honey, whatever you say!" with a big fat smile on my face. HA! Yeah right.....
So we start driving and hubs says, "It's going to be a late night tonight."
"Well whatever do you mean my dear husband?"
"The loader doesn't drive very fast so it's going to be slow going."
"Anything for you, hunny bunny!"
Are you kidding me? Yeah right. So we turn onto one of our county dirt roads and start driving. And driving, and driving. Into the darkness, down some long, nicely-plowed dirt road. Finally after 15 minutes I see a yard light. "Oh there it is!" I exclaim. "Nope, that's Miller's." Sad....so we keep driving. 5 minutes later-"Oh there's the yard! Looks like someone's out there." "Nope, that's Billy Bob and Betty Sue." (no not really, I just made those names up). Seriously??? Aaaaaand we keep driving. Then turn onto some other unmarked road, then another left, right, is this ever going to end? 40 MILES LATER it does. We finally reach our destination. I told hubs, "I would kill you if you made me live out here. I would never have moved here if we lived this far away from civilization." These people REALLY live in the middle of nowhere.
So he gets the loader, talks to the people and we start driving away. VEEEEERRRRRRRY slowly we make our way back home down the dirt road. I'm thinking, "How the heck did he rope me into this?" Apparently to bring a semi in to haul the thing away that would have been $1,000 out of his commission. So I keep telling myself this, and that we're making money by doing this.
TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER, we make it home. There were 2 things that saved my sanity last night. Ok, maybe 3.
1) The fact that I am medicated. I take anti-anxiety medication and it's amazing.
2) Playboy Radio on Sirius. There's some messed up people out there!
3) The $1,000 I will spend on new Coach purses :)
And back to this whole "neighbor" thing. Any normal human being would think, neighbor: someone who lives close enough to throw a rock and break a window in their house, or lives within a short walking distance from my home. Apparently to the crazy people that live out here, neighbor means anyone who lives within a 50 mile radius of you. GOOD TO KNOW! I'll definitely be keeping this in mind the next time hubs says he needs me to help him at the neighbor's house! LESSON LEARNED!




NEIGHBOR!!! I could be two states away if you gave me fifty miles! Wowza that's a crazy night! You forgot #4: WINE.
ReplyDeleteFor $1,000 I think I'd follow a loader any time. Although Clark does not have Sirius so I'd be stuck listening to my Sisqo tape over and over.
ReplyDelete