Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Exactly how cold is it?

My husband has an interesting way of telling me how cold it is outside. In the morning, he'll usually get up first, take a shower, let the dogs outside, and start his truck. Then he'll come back inside and tell me how cold it is. We don't have a thermometer, but both of our vehicles do, so he really could give me a straight answer when I ask him how cold it is. Instead, I'll provide you with a scale of temperatures, and his interpretation:

30 degrees and above: "Shit, it's warm out there."
20-30 degrees: "Oh frick, it's nice outside."
10-20 degrees: "Welllll, it's not too bad."
0-10 degrees: "Better bundle up."
-10-0 degrees: "It's colder than a witch's tit."
Below -10: "It's pretty bitch-ass outside."

Due to his very appropriate and accurate temperature forecasting, I'm able to dress appropriately for the weather :)

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny. And this is also why I am not planning a visit til the summertime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really funny. It was 35 degrees up at Lisa's on New Year's Eve and everyone in my house got so sick. We would never make it in Montana!

    ReplyDelete