Since I'm feeling rather uninspired lately, I'm going to take some ideas from other blogs that I follow, and tell my own story with the ideas. This particular one comes from Christin's blog. She has a lot of readers, and many new ones, so she decided to do an introduction of herself to her new readers. I'm following her idea, and will introduce myself for those of you who may be newer, don't know me yet, or for those of you who have been with me for awhile :)
My name is Nicole...I live with my husband Patrick (I call him Hubs on here).
Classy, I know ;)
We have 2 dogs and 2 cats:
Harley (almost 4 years old). He's a Flat-haired retriever with a severe under-bite and an Elvis lip.
Smoke: An Australian Shepherd/Border Collie who is five and a half months old.
And our two cats, Toonces (yes, like Toonces the driving cat from SNL) and Jones:
We live outside a TINY town in Northeastern Montana, called Culbertson:
The statistics I found from 2010 state that there are exactly 721 people that live in the town of Culbertson.
We live on my husband's family farm. Between acres owned and leased, it is about 10,000 acres. Approximately 4,000 cropland (wheat), and 6,000 pasture land for our cows. We keep about 125 cows per year. When they have babies we have up to 250 cows, but we sell them in the fall each year. He farms part time, while his dad and grandpa farm full time. We live in the middle of the farm down a county dirt road. His parents and grandparents also live on the farm, but about a mile away from us.
Although we live near Culbertson, I drive 25 miles into Sidney, MT each day for work. Sidney is quite a bit bigger than Culbertson, with a population of just over 5,000 people. Patrick also works in Sidney.
I started this blog because when I visited my family in California a year and a half ago, they all had SO many questions about where I lived! It is crazy, different, hard, and sometimes quite comical, but I DO enjoy it. It's very peaceful and quiet. I'll tell you guys the story of how we moved here later this week.





Yay!!!! I'm so glad you're doing this! And I am so, so jealous of your 10,000 acres. *Sigh*
ReplyDelete