Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I know most people are going to write what they're thankful for today, so I'm joining right in. I mean, that's why we have a paid national holiday, right??? I came up with this post from reading Adventures of Team Pancakes' blog yesterday. She just got married this year and she is in LOVE! One thing I admire about her, is that she is not afraid to show her love for her husband. And after reading Kristin's blog yesterday, she was asking what makes a marriage work? After some thought, here goes:

I am thankful, oh so thankful for my husband :) Kinda mushy, right???

I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!


I'm not gonna lie-marriage takes work. You can't just "be married" and be done with it. It takes effort. Actually getting up off of the couch when your spouse comes home to greet them with a kiss. Give them a 5 minute back rub after a long day. Don't go into your normal boring routines in the evening-take the time to learn something new together. It's a constant effort and you'll always have to try. Take time for each other. They love you, you love them-that's why you do things for them. Being married is one of most selfless things you can do. You do things because it will make the other person happier, or make their day go a little bit better, because you love them. You don't do it to get something out of it. (Unless you're me-then you do SUPER DUPER nice things for them the whole week before you want to decorate the house for Christmas-in the middle of November-that way they can't say no!)

You always have to think about how your actions and words affect them. If you say something to hurt their feelings, apologize. If they do something that hurts your feelings, calmly explain it to them and try to have them understand your side of the story. Remember, neither of you are perfect :) Just perfect for each other. Love with all you have, and never give up. Always always always remember that you love each other. This will get you through good, bad and hard times.

Dear Husband,

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for supporting me and appreciating me. Thank you for telling me 'no' sometimes, because I do need to hear it. Thank you for listening to me, letting me cry, and telling me to calm the freak down when I'm getting too crazy. Thank you for being exactly what I need you to be, when I need it. Thank you for pushing me and not letting me accept defeat when I just want to give up, or when I just don't want to do something. Thank you for loving me exactly the way I am and always telling me I am beautiful no matter what. 

Love, Your Wifey


2 comments:

  1. Aww...i dropped by to say happy thanksgiving and you just totally made my day!!! LOVE this! im all about celebrating the hubbies..drop me an email if you are interested in celebrating your love and marriage more..im doing a new series next year: dapancakes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I love it! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    Shayna
    mykitchenhomelife.blogspot.org

    ReplyDelete